“Poor Everything”
Review of Lucha Cantina - CLOSED

Lucha Cantina
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Bar
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Was really hoping for a decent meal from here it sounded so good. Service was medicore. Waited on food for 28 minutes. Burger over cooked and chicken on the salad was a grade above canned cat food. Well we tried.. Owner finally came out even took a fry off one of the plates and ate it in front of us just to tell us we were right food was cold..

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My wife and I met a friend for dinner the other night at Lucha Cantina. None of us had ever been there and since it is fairly new, we decided to check it out. We got there during happy hour and the place was packed. we were able to snag a small table and had a couple of beers with the fresh chips and yummy "house made" salsa.....Very good. Our friend ordered a combination plate and it was huge. He liked everything very much. I ordered the chili rellenos and was pleasantly surprised to see that they were no ordinary fare. They were fresh and large and tasty. I will definitely be returning.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Loved the different menu items. Also, don't skip out on the Chips & Salsa. There are several choices for the salsas and you should try all of them. Yum!!! Chips and Salsa are all gluten free, so even better, but no lack of taste. This is a great restaurant addition for downtown Colorado Springs. I will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My wife and I went to Lucha Cantina for dinner and were met with a subpar experience. Food was mediocre, in my wife's opinion, but the chips were good and I was happy with my SHREDDED beef tacos, so I decided to go back again.

The second time around I decided to order the shredded beef tacos again. When the server brought out our food, I was met with strip steak tacos. I told the server that I actually had ordered the shredded beef tacos, and he apologized stating he could make them again or get me something else. I decided it was fine and I would eat them because we had already waited 30 minutes for our food.

While eating my non-shredded-beef-strip-steak tacos, the owner Chuck [--] approached the table and asked, "is there a problem with your order?" I politely informed him that I ordered shredded beef tacos, and he then told me that these were their shredded beef tacos. I told him I had been here just a week before and had actual shredded beef tacos, and he eventually told me that I was lying because they do not make (and have not ever made) them there. He then tried to back peddle by saying that their "machine was broken" and "they didn't cook it properly" and continued on with an aggressive tone. He told me "you're eating it already" "what's wrong with it" "give it try, you might end up liking it".

I could on and on about the most uncomfortable experience I have ever had at a restaurant, the owner that told me he "doesn't need my business", and the overall manner in which the situation was handled with zero regard to customer service. In the end, one $4 bill was removed from my tab but never offered to reconcile the situation appropriately and did nothing but come at me with an aggressive, defensive nature.

New-to-town business or not, a restaurant owner whom has been in business for "30 years" (as he informed he) should know better than to treat a customer like this. But that's ok, like he told me, he "doesn't need my business."

1  Thank tim n
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Great new addition to downtown--yes we do have several other Mexican places downtown but this one is a bit different. I was pleasantly surprised to find they serve brown rice and whole beans (no refried). Very healthy food. Wonderful Chicken/SPinach enchilada. Great green chile and wonderful local (Colorado) craft beers.