“Very Nice Hotel!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange, United States
“Very Nice Hotel!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. It doesn't seem very old, so the decor and ammenities look good and are in great condition. It was clean and quiet with a good breakfast, as well. I would certainly stay here again.

1 Thank Eric W
Lauri B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you for your comments on your resent stay here at our property. I am glad that you had the opportunity to enjoy the delicious hot breakfast. We appreciate all of your compliments on how nice our Hotel is. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your future travels to the area..

Lauri B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
NC
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn near the Air Force Academy during our family vacation in July 2014. The hotel was clean, very nice, close to everything, and the staff was extremely courteous and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your resent response. We are a Excellent Hotel and very proud of our exceptional staff but we are also very appreciated on the comments from all of our Guest.
Thank you again and we look forward in seeing you on your future travels to the area.

Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed July 25, 2014

For the most part, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were super friendly and very willing to accommodate our needs. The breakfast, as with most Hampton Inns, was great. We stayed 9 days and the hot choices were never the same two days in a row. Although her name fails me, the "breakfast lady" was so sweet and cheerful, always saying good morning to all the guests, clearing our table and asking if we needed anything. We've never had that kind of service at a Hampton Inn.

We had one problem...ANTS. I made the staff aware of this. Of course they wanted to move us to a different room, but I wasn't about to tell everyone we had to pack up. In fact, I kept the ant problem to myself. We had teenagers with us and I knew if they found out, it would only make matters worse. It wasn't an infestation, but enough they were in one of the beds (my husband and I), window sill and on the desk.

The front desk rep was very apologetic and assured me the manager would be made aware of our problem. I personally got rid of the ants for 9 days. In the end, although I promise I do not expect something for nothing, for some reason I thought we would receive a small discount, comped a room, or something, but instead received the usual "thank you", as everyone else does.

Who's to blame? Me, I guess, but I still cannot bring myself to give a higher rating as a result of this incident.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Lauri B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thank you for you helpful feedback. We do appreciate the time you took to let us know how things went for you. Our breakfast hostess is really the best! She is a wonderful addition to our team. I am so sorry about the situation in your room and the staff did let me know and we had it taken care of by our service team. We always hope that everyone of our guest are enjoying their stay....but in reality I also know from time to time some things do no go as well as we want. Thank you again for your feedback as it helps us to get better and find ways to keep our guest happy.

Lauri B.
General manager
Fort Worth, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family stayed at 3 hotels during our trip to Colorado. Our stay at the Hampton was so good that we canceled our 2nd night stay in Denver and drove back to Colorado Springs. The hotel and staff met all expectations of a well ran hotel. Friendly and Professional staff and Clean and Comfortable Hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your resent comments. We really appreciate that you chose to stay with us during your entire trip.. We are very proud of our exceptional team that we have here, and we love to hear the compliments. Thank you again and we look forward in seeing you on your next travels in the area.

General Manager.
Coralville, IA, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel was excellent. From the moment I arrived to the last encounter after departure, this hotel was excellent. Hotel was clean and well kept throughout. Very good place for my family's stay in the area. There was special enthusiasm from the person who had responsibility for the continental breakfast. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your reponse about our property and we are very pleased that you enjoyed all of the ammenities while you were here .I will let our breakfast hostess know how much you enjoyed her great service and hamptonalitiy. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you in your future travels.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Another good experience at Hampton Inn--I have always been able to count on prompt and efficient service and business-friendly rooms and services. I found the staff responsive to my needs, and the location was convenient. Definitely recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your loyalty to the Hampton Inn brand. We are very pleased that your resent stay at our property was accomodating for your business travels. I appreciate the compliment for our terrific, and professional staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your next travels to the area.

Federal Way, WA
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Hampton Inn is a reliable brand, and this one was pretty much up to par. The room was well stocked and clean, the TV was a newer flat-screen, the AC worked well, and the bathroom was nicely decorated. Though I'd never been to this particular property, it felt familiar because of the many times I've frequented Hampton Inns - lumpy comforter and all! (It really is a nice comforter; I can't figure out why they're lumpy in every hotel.)

I had only three complaints: 1) Housekeeping did not empty BOTH trash cans, nor restock the coffee, nor replace the towels I'd used. I stayed 3 nights, and each day there was something overlooked (but the bed was made with its lumpy comforter);
2) The eggs at breakfast were a very interesting and unappealing texture. I've had eggs-poured-from-a-carton at other motels, but I fear these may have been genuine powdered. They were actually mushy, even when made into omelets;
3) As others have stated, the walls are paper thin. I could hear the person in the room next to me talking on the phone.

The front desk staff more than made up for the small inconveniences, however. Everyone I encountered was friendly and professional, and when my traveling companion had issues with the AC unit and the TV (in another room), both problems were fixed immediately.

I would definitely stay here again--I always return for those cookies!

1 Thank mrsacuna
I appreciate your comments during your last stay at our property. We are in the process of replacing the comforters... they are nice and can be a little lumpy I will address our executive housekeeper to make sure that all the supplies are being refreshed every day. I am happy that our front desk staff was able to assist you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next travels to the area.

General Manager .