“Just A Little Short of Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy

Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy
Ranked #6 of 106 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Federal Way, WA
“Just A Little Short of Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Hampton Inn is a reliable brand, and this one was pretty much up to par. The room was well stocked and clean, the TV was a newer flat-screen, the AC worked well, and the bathroom was nicely decorated. Though I'd never been to this particular property, it felt familiar because of the many times I've frequented Hampton Inns - lumpy comforter and all! (It really is a nice comforter; I can't figure out why they're lumpy in every hotel.)

I had only three complaints: 1) Housekeeping did not empty BOTH trash cans, nor restock the coffee, nor replace the towels I'd used. I stayed 3 nights, and each day there was something overlooked (but the bed was made with its lumpy comforter);
2) The eggs at breakfast were a very interesting and unappealing texture. I've had eggs-poured-from-a-carton at other motels, but I fear these may have been genuine powdered. They were actually mushy, even when made into omelets;
3) As others have stated, the walls are paper thin. I could hear the person in the room next to me talking on the phone.

The front desk staff more than made up for the small inconveniences, however. Everyone I encountered was friendly and professional, and when my traveling companion had issues with the AC unit and the TV (in another room), both problems were fixed immediately.

I would definitely stay here again--I always return for those cookies!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mrsacuna
Lauri B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
I appreciate your comments during your last stay at our property. We are in the process of replacing the comforters... they are nice and can be a little lumpy I will address our executive housekeeper to make sure that all the supplies are being refreshed every day. I am happy that our front desk staff was able to assist you. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next travels to the area.

Lauri B
General Manager .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel was very standard IMO, especially for the large price tag $200+/night. The front desk help was fine, quick check-in. The room was fine (although I requested a room with a view on the website check-in and did not get one, nor was the hotel full. Do hotel personnel even read "Special Requests" sections?). The view that one reviewer mentioned appears to be blocked now by a newer hotel. As we had never been to Colorado we really wanted a view and saw mostly parking lot. The area is not very attractive and driving from the South is a downright nightmare on a very busy street for 10 miles.

Our room was over the outdoor hot tub and the children playing there were VERY loud. Glad they left after an hour. One thing this hotel needs to make clear to restaurants advertising in their own hotel information booklet -- if I call you to deliver a meal to me, you should have heard of the hotel before! We called a Chinese restaurant who seemingly had never heard of the hotel and asked three times for the street address.

I would stay elsewhere next visit. Not because anything was wrong, but TripAdvisor usually has outstanding #1 hotels.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Codeedo
Hotchkiss
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This Hampton Inn property was wonderful. It was easy to get to, clean, safe, and quiet. It's a short drive to wherever you want to go in Colorado Springs. We booked a two-queen bed suite with a pull-out couch. It was perfect for myself, two smaller children, and a teenager. They utilized the hot tub and pool. Their only complaint was how salty the pool was. I expected warm cookies upon arrival, but was told they only do that Monday-Friday. We were offered packs of gum, however. This was a great property and we would stay there again. Also, we got 2x the points!

Room Tip: Room 228 is a 2-queen bed suite with a pull-out couch. It has a somewhat obstructed view, however...
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Booked several rooms for family wedding ... hotel staff (Hannah, in particular) was outstanding ... nice rooms ... quiet, even with a large contingent of church youth groups in for a conference ... easy access to interstate ... business travelers should love this place.

1 Thank YeahThatGuy
Belton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. While we spent most of our time in the area away from the hotel, our time in the hotel itself was pleasant. The location was very good and mostly quiet. My family would have no problem recommending this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Olen C
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

From the time we walked in the door until we left in our car a week later..we were treated like royalty. smling faces, good food, clean rooms and bathrooms top Notch hotel staff the best in my 30 yeas of travelling

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank 757erwinj
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment you wrote about our property. WOW.....best in 30 years?? I really appreciate that and thankful that you chose to stay with us. Yes, we love our staff, they truly are the best. Thank you again.

Lauri B.
Denison, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

very nice staff. rooms nice. beds very comfortable. really good breakfast- had several hot options. would definitely recommend. wasn't the best of location for us since we were driving back to 24 but it was worth the drive.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Lauri B, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for your nice response about your stay. Yes, our beds are probably the #1 compliment we get here....the cloud 9 are the best. Glad to hear it was a great experience. Hope to see you again when you come back to Colorado.

Lauri B.