“Good stop”

Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy
Ranked #6 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Clean, efficient, and friendly. Made a perfect stop on the way to Denver, right off I25 and convenient to Gateway Center with good restaurants. Good night's sleep. We stopped there after the long drive from Texas, setting up an easy drive, the next day, to Denver after enjoying their free breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephanie H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Aggieal, thanks so much for this review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope you had a great New Years and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked this hotel to break up a long drive while moving to another state. After reading many reviews, I thought it would be perfect. Headed North on I-25, pulling a trailer, it was very difficult to access the hotel entrance. I paid extra for a "mountain view", knowing that the room would be on the back side of the hotel, away from the noise of the interstate. What we got was a room overlooking the parking lot and dumpsters. Yes, we could see a sliver of the mountain top over the roof-line if we looked sideways. Beds were uncomfortable.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Neesflying

Neesflying, thank you for your review. I appreciate your feedback and I'm so sorry you didn't have the experience you expected. We want to make sure everyone has a great experience! I will discuss your comments with our staff so we can find ways to correct these issues. I hope the rest of your trip went well and hope you choose us again if you are ever in the area so we can give you a much better stay.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

We visited Colorado Springs from December 16th to Declember 19th, 2012 and were very pleased with the hotel, staff and location. The staff were friendly and very helpful and went out of their way to help me with an important fax that had to be sent to another country. We had a king suite on the third floor and were pleased with the space in the room and the quietness of the room location. The breakfast was great and there was always a good variety. The lady who served breakfast was very friendly :) An excellent stay!

Room Tip: We chose a room on the third floor for quietness and view and were happy with out choice!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

183Traveller183, thank you for this review. It is always great to hear compliments about our staff. I'm so happy you were pleased with your room. We hope to see you and your family again!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Stephanie H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in November while on a quick trip to the Colorado Springs area. Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was a nice bonus. Location is good for Air Force Academy and other sightseeing venues. My complaints are with the room -bed was not comfortable, and we found a brown bug crawling in our bed in the morning of our checkout. Now I know this could happen anywhere but it left us with a bad feeling. I did mention this to the front desk person on our way out. What upsets me is when a returned home I received a survey form the hotel and it stated there is a 100% satisfaction policy and no one mention that at anytime during our stay. Having just completed that survey I would hope to hear back from someone at the hotel or corporate level in regards to my concerns. I'm not looking for any refund on my stay but maybe just a quick note to know they have listened and taken care of the problem .

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rbrNewJersey
Stephanie H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

We really appreciate your feedback and we're happy that you found our location to be an excellent choice for visiting the Air Force Academy and exploring the sights. I regret that you had an unfortunate situation and we have since worked with our local control company to address it. We have a huge corporation under construction right next door and it has created some challenges for us. We would never want you to think we don't value your opinons. We do have a 100% satisfaction note on the front counter, but like you, most guest aren't interested in that, they just want the management to be aware and take some action. We strive to create the best experience for every guest and what happened in your situation is NOT our standard. I do apologize for your uncomfortable situation. We would love to have you come back and enjoy a pleasant stay completely. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Warm regards, Lauri B, Assistant General Manager

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This location is good for access to the local sites such as Garden of the Gods park, Pikes Peak and other adventures. I had the king suite on the first floor, but would suggest that anyone going here with a similar room try and get the second or third floor. The rooms are quieter.

This site has a nice breakfast with hot and cold items. The coffee was the best I have ever had at any Hampton Inn location.

There is a nice heated pool and an outdoor hot tub too.

For the price, I believe that this would be the best pick for the surrounding area, especially with some good restaurants within a mile or so down the road in the Briargate area.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Stephanie H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

sea4metoo, thanks for this helpful review! We are glad you enjoyed our hotel, yep, our coffee is awesome! Great suggestion on asking for a top floor room, I always do that when travelling. Do you have Hilton Honors? If you do, I can put that request on your profile as a preference for your reservations. Call me if you would like me to do this. Thanks again!

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

I used my Hilton points and thought this was a perfect spot. The staff was very sweet and accommodating. The beds were comfy and I adored the shower. Overall I wouldn't book any other hotel in the area- the price was great and the property exceeded our expectations.

• Stayed: October 2012
Stephanie H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

TravScott, we appreciate this great review! Thanks for saying we would be your choice for booking in the area!! We aim to exceed people's expectations and are so glad you had a great experience! We hope you come back!