New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 107 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Orlando, FL
“wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed 1 night with a friend before heading into the mountains. Steven at the front desk was so kind to us at check in. He was very helpful and even gave us complimentary waters as we were really dehydrated. The room was clean and modern and very comfortable. The bed was amazing and it was the best bed I have EVER slept on. In fact I wanted to ask what kind of bed it was and forgot because I seriously have to buy one. Even my friend commented on how amazing the bed was. The breakfast was typical Hampton and a very nice perk. I would absolutely stay here if I was in the area again. It was about 20 minutes drive to Garden of the Gods and its conveniently located right off I-25. We had a nice view of the mountains from our room too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Stephanie H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
HollyA, thanks for this review! I will make sure Steve hears that he's done a great job! Yes, our beds are called "Cloud 9" and I agree that they are the best! Thanks for saying you'd stay here again, it's the best compliment we can receive! Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

This hotel is a little north of Colorado Springs and its attractions but is very convient to get on and off of I25 and close to the Air Force Acadamy. The room was clean and quiet as the hotel is not on any busy streets. The bed was very comortable. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and dining suggestions. Breakfast was above normal and the breakfast area was clean and bright and well attended. The property and hotel was well kept and clean. I was very pleased with this hotel and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Stephanie H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you, Fletch1119, for the great review! We love to hear that you would recommend our great property, I will be sure to pass your comments on to all of our staff members. One of the advantages we are lucky to have is our location, close to the interstate while still in a low-traffic area. I'm glad we helped make you and your family's trip a memorable one, we hope to see you all again soon!
Kansas City area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Nice hotel. Friendly, helpful staff. Breakfast was above normal. Stayed 4 nights and every day they had a new hot item (scrambled eggs w/ham & cheese and home fries; biscuits and gravy & sausages; breakfast sandwich w/eggs and bacon on bagel; omelets) and better pastries than normal. Location is on the north side in sort of a business park area - easy to find. Only had one problem with shower head shooting at the wall -- was promptly attended to by maintenance -- and then maintenance man went to alot of trouble with front desk to recommend some restaurants -- even printed out a map with locations. Nice stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
MollyKansasCityarea, thanks a lot for this great review. Our staff loves to hear comments like yours! Yes, we have a great breakfast, we are happy you liked it! It is also good to hear that your shower head was fixed promptly, we're sorry that it wasnt working when you got in. Thanks again for your compliments, we hope to see you again soon!
Sarasota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

From the moment you walk in you feel welcome here. Everything works as it should, but it's the employee attitude that truly makes the difference. Receptionists at the front desk were very helpful when we needed to find a pack and ship store. Managers circulated among the guests at breakfast to check on satisfaction. Recommend this hotel most highly.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ron C
Stephanie H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Ron C., we appreciate this review, thank you for recommending us! Service is our top priority, we want to help our guests feel at home when they stay here. I will pass your comments along to our staff, they love hearing when they are doing a great job. We hope to see you both again soon!
Sussex, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Not only was this hotel clean and the staff friendly but they went out of their way to add special touches. We were there to celebrate Parent's Weekend at the Air Force Academy. When we headed out early Friday to the Academy, they offered us bottled water and fruit to take along. When we got back to our room, we had Academy spirit beads on our bed and a drawstring bag we could use to enter the Stadium with on Saturday. Also, on Saturday, there was water and fruit again for us to take. Just a small gesture, but so appreciated. They also assisted with helping me print my boarding passes and checking in for our flights. We definitely will select to stay here again. Our room was always clean and supplies replaced. Beds were comfortable. Views were great. Hot tub and pool were clean. I appreciated the great hot breakfasts you could have each day, along with coffee and tea whenever. Delicious! So nice not to have to go out to eat every meal while visiting. Very affordable prices as well.

Room Tip: We had a king suite with balcony facing the mountains. It was nice to be able to go outside and enj...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jodi W
Jodi W., thank you so much for this great review. Parent's weekend at the Air Force Academy is one of our busiest weekends, and it is always a blast!! I'm glad you noticed and appreciated our "special touches," our guests are very special to us! I'm also glad you used many of our different amenities and enjoyed your room. We hope to see you again next year (or sooner)!
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed here Saturday 8 Sept 2012 and found the reception desk welcoming & extremely accommodating. The two young ladies helped me with computer use to print boarding pass & use of her personal cell phone to call family in Seattle. I found this to be immaculately clean; a generous, well equiped room; great bed; wonderful bath with lots of fresh, fluffy towels; easy 3rd floor access off elevator & I could even open my window for air. The breakfast is typical self-serve very adequate in a spacious dinning area. Check in & out with ease. Great service. Yes, I'd recommend this hotel, although I'd never want to visit the city again.

Room Tip: upper floors where one can actually open a window
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Stephanie H, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Redsgirl2, thank you for this great review. Our goal is to provide world-class service, and your review shows that we are delivering! I'm glad you were able to take advantage of some of our great amenities. Thank you for saying you would recommend our hotel, the biggest compliment we can receive is a great review. Have a great day!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I wanted to surprise my husband with a trip to CO Springs for his birthday, but we are a single-income family and I didn't have a big travel budget to work with. Lee at the front desk was so incredibly kind and accommodating, she helped me find a room that would fit our budget. Her compassion didn't stop there! When our family arrived, she gave us a plate of homemade cookies for my husband's birthday AND gave my 2 year olds coloring sheets and crayons! The customer service at this hotel is amazing, the rooms and amenities are very nice, and you won't find a better complementary breakfast anywhere else. This hotel is simply the best value and experience for your budget!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
LAURAinCO, we really appreciate your great comments on our property. It is great to hear that we helped make this surprise trip something you and your family will have fond memories of! We are so proud of our amazing staff, I will be sure to pass along your comments to them! We hope to see you all again soon!