“5 star experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Air Force Academy
Ranked #6 of 103 Hotels in Colorado Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The staff was wonderful and hospitable from housekeeping to reception. I arrived ahead of check-in and the managers were so accomodating that they upgraded me to a balcony room because it was the only available! What 5 star service I felt like royalty.
I really enjoyed the workout facility as well it was open with lots of windows and felt like my own personal gym.
As I travel a lot for business I stayed in many hotels and the staff here are truly exemplary for a 5 star experience!! Thank you for a peaceful stay!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank amanda w

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My wedding guests and I stayed here and loved it. I felt so comfortable and the beds are the best! The staff was very accomodating to my needs and couldn't have been better. A few of my guests did comment how a specific member of the staff was rude to them, which didn't make me happy. I personally had a great experience. I loved the breakfast as well, a nice selection! A nice hotel on a budget.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was one of the best Hotels I've stayed in on our trip. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a good nights rest.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Visiting Colorado Spings for 3 days before our son reported to the AF Academy. Arrived Tuesday and from our third floor room, we could see the Waldo Canyon fire setting one house after another ablaze. Speaking of the third floor, I had reserved 2 rooms and ended up with one on the first floor and one on the third. Hotel full due to the families there for AFA in-processing and fire fighters so unable to get 2 rooms together even though I had made the reservations 3 months earlier. Had a problem with the first floor room in that after being out all afternoon and evening, we realized that the lock didn't work. All you had to do was lean against the door and it opened. My wife spoke to the receptionist who said it was a common problem and that it was easily fixed with a master key. When my wife pressed her about it, she became snotty. Later that evening, my daughter noticed this same receptionist being rude to a non-English speaking Asian couple who had apparently been evacuated from another hotel and were seeking shelter elsewhere. The next morning my wife spoke to the General Manager but he didn't really seem concerned about the security lapse or his rude employees. The hotel also had a large church youth group staying and they completely over ran the hotel. Hard to navigate the hallways as they were hanging out there at all hours of the day and night. In the morning, this group took every table in the breakfast area and lingered for hours. The breakfast area seemed to be constantly in need of items being replenished. With the hotel full, maybe the manager should have assigned another employee to assist in the breakfast area. We will be visiting Colorado Springs a lot over the next 4 years and even though I am a Hilton Honors member, I doubt that we will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank USAF-Retired-1996
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. Our desire is to always give the best service to every guest every time they come stay with us. I am sorry that we fell short of you experiencing that.
We try our best to accommodate every request that a guest has but cannot promise them. We did have a full house as many families were evacuated by the the devastation of having their home burn to the ground. It was definitely unexpected and our staff did their best to keep everyone safe, calm and have their needs met as much as possible. Most of the families were so grateful for a roof over their heads during the time you were visiting our hotel. We did take on more kids from a youth group as they had no other place to go. There were no vacant hotels in Colorado Springs nor Denver. I felt compassion for them so it was my decision to allow more kids to come than expected. It was a very emotional time for us during this unprecedented time for our city and I really do apologize that we communicated that we did not care about your needs. Please do come back and visit with us and we will love to have another opportunity to show you our Hamptonality.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

LOVE this hotel.

Clean and how they handle things out of the ordinary (late check-ins, early check-ins, special needs,) is how I rate a hotel and this one delivers every time.

I travel for business on average of once a week and this is the first time I've felt compelled to write a review. The staff is excellent, (especially Katelyn,) and helped me greatly.

I go to Colorado Springs about three times a year, and this is the only place I will stay,.

1  Thank Kathi L
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I stay at this hotel several times a month. The Staff is delightful, the rooms are clean and smell good, the sheets are all washed (no nasty top cover that never gets washed), great breakfast, plenty of parking, very good workout room with pool and a spa, and I have to mention the great coffee in the morning.

1  Thank oxothnk
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I always have a wonderful stay at this Hampton Inn. I travel frequently for business and stay here quite a bit. The staff is always friendly and accomodating. They alway greet us by our first name! After a long trip I always enjoy their fresh hot coffee in the lobby. Of course their rooms are clean and inviting. I really like the different breakfast they serve every morning! I will be back again and again!