“worst service and food in a long time”

Uncle Buck's Fishbowl and Grill
Ranked #1,038 of 1,558 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Pub
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Good thing the store is good.

Me and a friend went on Monday night as we live just around the corner.We were the only two at the bar. We sat there and there was 3 bartenders working. They did not welcome us at all and it took her 10 minutes to come say hello. We were there over an hour and we had to ask for refills on water we ordered at the same time and they forgot my meal. They realized this after I told them and then brought out my food 10 minutes later. The steamed vegetables were still frozen the fish overcooked and it was the most expensive item they offered on the menu.

The staff were not friendly and inattentive.

I will never eat there again and its less than 5 minutes away. I would recommend that people go to the all american sports cafe on voyager for a burger as they are friendly and attentive and the food is 10 times better.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Wait time for 2 people: 1 hr and 10 minutes but the hostess told us we could eat at the bar. What she didn't say was the bar area was full to capacity as well. You can't see that from the entrance. My son and I pieced together two chairs at the end of the bar.

Service: There were three bar tenders and 3 to 4 waiters/waitresses standing around the cash register at the bar area BSing. With the exception of one bar tender, the wait staff seemed young and inexperienced. It took us about 15 minutes just to order. Trying to pay was another issue. Our waitress/bar tender was nowhere in sight so after hailing a different bar tender we were able to pay.

Food: This is why we recommend not eating here. My son ordered a glass of water and said it tasted funny. Both our meals, a fish sandwich and a flatbread sandwich were cold when we finally got them. We saw the waitress circle the bar twice looking for the correct customers and repeatedly tried to flag her down. My son is now sick at home.

I'm a fan of Bass Pro but this was my second visit to this restaurant and I assure you it was my last.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband and I went just us no kids. So the hostess sits us by a huge family with 4 kids (naughty loud kids). But my husband didn't want to be rude and move ( I did). So we stayed. Waitress took our order 2 sodas and a water and an appetizer. 15 mins later (never seeing our waitress) out came our appetizer. I asked for my water and my husband's soda was empty I had to ask for more soda for my husband. So we get the drinks and wait and wait and wait. 45 mins later our waitress comes over with new sodas and says "I'll be right back with your check". I said " we never got our dinner" " I need to speak to your manager". So the waitress leaves and 10 mins passed so I ask another waitress to get her manager for me. Another 7 mins manager comes over and said there was a computer problem and the ticket wasn't put in. She comped the dinner but NEVER came back to check on us. We will NEVER go back!!!!!!!

2  Thank Coco1234567890
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Right after Thanksgiving we had a cold snap with temps in the minus teens for several straight days. We were going stir crazy so I suggested we go check out the new Bass Pro Shop in town that had been opened 2 full weeks. Of course we got there just at dinner time and the entire family announced they were hungry.

I didn't know what to expect, but we gave it a try. The Fishbowl Grill had really good American/Pub affair food. It was all very reasonably priced and delicious. My wife had a pulled pork sandwich that was fantastic. One kid had corn dogs, the other wanted Salmon, which was not on the kids menu. But hey, we asked and they made a kids portion of the salmon without gouging us. I had fish & chips (they promised the fish did NOT come from the aquarium in the store). All in all, it's hard to have an appetizer, GOOD food, drinks, plus dessert for the family and still leave with a $44 tab.

The reason for the 4 out of 5 was NOT due to the food btw. It was because our seat was really drafty (cold and drafty). Some of this may have been due to the outside temps that were well below zero that night, but it was chilly at our table. I'm thinking that it was just something they had to adjust once they were opened.

The other reason for the ding was the restrooms. In a new building, they should have put in touch free faucets and towel dispensers, but that was not the case. Big oversight on that one.

Would I go again....YEP! I'd probably get the pulled pork sandwich, take my own hand sanitizer, and pick a different table....but I'd definitely go back.

Oh...our server Nicole...Top notch!! Kept the drinks filled and the dirty plates disappeared quickly.

1  Thank Mark W