“Horrible, dirty hotel”

Ranked #93 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Boise
“Horrible, dirty hotel”
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because we have stayed at Days Inns before with good experiences, and this location allowed pets and was close to my family's home. The photos on their website are totally misleading - this place is close to falling down. The carpet was filthy and sticky - we never took our shoes off. The door was so loose it rattled when closed and locked. The shower in the bathroom had formica in the shower which was loose and falling off in places - they had attempted to caulk it and there was white goo all over. The sheets had hair on them - not ours. The only good thing I can say is that the mattresses had been recently replaced and were of good quality. The outside pool shown in the photos is closed and has weeds growing around it. The inside pool actually belongs to the Super 8 next door and you have to ask for a special key to use it. I don't know if we'll ever stay in a Day's Inn again given the false advertising and bad experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank KMBoise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Denver
Reviewed April 9, 2010

The room smells musty and the water temperature is barely luke warm. The people staying here are very sketchy too. It's worth the extra money to stay at a more quality place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank Sarah S
Colorado
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Maybe it has gotten better since our visit but I highly recommend seeking another place to stay. The following is a list of problems.

The reservation was for ground floor/ handicap non-smoking and we got 4th floor smoking. Room was filthy. Bathroom was filthy and had a horrible odor. The room ceiling had numerous stains as well as peeling wallpaper and very dirty carpet. The lady at the front desk was a bit rude and told us there were no other rooms available. She said the city was booked and we would not be able to find another room in town. Being very late, we stayed. One of the worst places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Phil225
Denver, CO
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I live in Denver and was going to be in Colorado Springs for the weekend. After looking at the pictures of this motel online my boyfriend and I decided that it didn't look too bad and since we were only staying for a night that it was an adequate motel to stay in. Boy were we wrong. We get there at about 7:00 that evening and check in. The front desk staff was extremely rude and the girl was talking on her cell phone instead of checking us in while we stood there waiting. Then we get to our room on the first floor after walking past a bunch of gang member type looking people and open the door. The room is just disgusting, stains everywhere, stinky musty smell, and the surfaces of the rooms look like they have never been cleaned. To top it off the bed was so disgusting that the mattress caved in the middle. Just sitting on the bed made me feel like I had lice. Our friends were staying in the room next to us and theirs was no better. To top it off when we went to go get ice and when we went to check out the pool the gangmembers that were there looked at us like we were going to get shot if we didn't leave immediately. To top it off in their restaurant there was some sort of party going on and the music was blaring until very late at night. For myself to complain about music is must have been bad, considering I am of fairly young age and still enjoy the occational party. Finally that morning we had to get up to go to the event we were in town for. There was absolutely no hot water. I had to take a 3 minute long quick shower because I was shivering so bad that I couldn't stand it. I didn't even feel clean because as soon as I got out of the shower the sheer filth of the room just made my feel grimy and gross. Please everyone take my advice and never stay there. You will thank me for it. This place needs to be shut down. Do not trust the pictures, they appear to make this motel look much nicer than what it really is.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
5 Thank tonicden
New Mexico
Reviewed June 15, 2009

This is the worst hote/motel experience I have had in my entire life! Where do I start? First of all we paid way too much for room. The air conditioning was not working. They said it was being worked on (BULL). We had to use a fan. The windows do not open. So basically there is not ventilation. The water in the shower would not turn off! Somebody was supposed to come in and fix it at 9am. We got back about 2 pm and the water was still running. Then we got switched to another room and the toilet was running. Then it stopped running and we could not flush the toilet. If that was not bad enough we found blood on the kleenex dispenser and hair on the bathroom floor and tub (hair that was not ours). We were never able to talk to a manager/owner about our concerns. There was never anybody in charge that we could speak to. I am in the process of reporting them to the Better Business Bureau or OSHA! We were part of a group reservation and several of the people had similar issues. This place should be SHUT DOWN! I am not exagerating!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank StephNewMexico
Denver, CO
Reviewed April 17, 2009

Its hard to describe the experience we had at this hotel without feeling the need to scream, cry and swear all at once.

Pulling into the parking lot, there is an apparent motorcycle gang meeting taking place. Sharply telling ourselves to not judge what are certainly very nice Hells Angels, we check in (reserved through Expedia). The front desk is indifferent. Pulling around to park, we find that the entire top floor of the hotel is a scene out of Houseparty--- thundering music, 5 or 6 grills smoking, women and men in various states of undress and drunkeness staggering and universally screaming, and LOTS of drug use. We dropped our bags and went to dinner. Surely this would be chilled out as the afternoon wore down.

Fast forward to 7:30 when we return. The music is now so loud that, two floors below, our entire room is thrumming with the funky beat. We then notice the trash piled in the corners-- trash--- bags, empty bottles. Then we see the broken furniture--- every piece in the room is shattered, cracked, falling apart or in total disrepair. The door is hanging off the entertainment armoire. Hanging off. The stains on the wall and the ripped and shredded wallpaper defy description. Then the bathroom with a hole (four inches in diameter, no small hole this) in the floor, something grey and fuzzy growing out of the vent and the tub rusted all the way through the cast iron at the drain. Sitting on the very very edge of the bed (I'm sure you're understanding why) to call the front desk, I discover that the surfaces in the room are sticky....ewwww. The front desk hangs up on me so I walk out the door to go there.

On the way, I pass, I KID YOU NOT, a massage parlor housed in the hotel. Really. Truly.

At the front desk, the clerk, busy texting on her personal phone, tells me that since we checked in, there will be no refund. When I request manager intervention, she pretends to make a phone call, just like a child, and tells me that the manager verfified that there would be no refund. Where is the manager? Supposedly unavailable. I then take out my cell phone to call DayInn corporate, at which point the clerk bolts out the door. Curious, I follow and intercept the clerk grabbing the manager, who is by now running down from the third floor house party. A fairly acrimonious conversation ensues during which the manager pointedly tells me that the denizens of the third floor spend months per year there, are important to her, and that she will cut off the music at 11:00 pm. We can apparently live inside a subwoofer for several hours while her buds party. No refund. Feel free to leave. When, amongst some other fairly (I will admit) profane and angry threats, I mention the obvious drug use and that I am going to dial 911 at that moment, her foul attiude lessens somewhat and she agrees to give me a refund provided we have not "dirtied the room." Laughing my posterior off, I tell her that I hadn't even gotten to address the trash piled in the room, but that we will leave the room exactly as we had found it.

As we searched for another room on a busy Saturday night, we heard from every clerk we spoke to the reputation of this hotel and how amazed everyone has been for years--- through prostitution rings, drugs, etc.--- that DaysInn has let it remain a property.

DaysInn's repsonse?-- form letter.

This hotel is not worthy to rent rooms by the hour for illicit activities, much less to belong to a branded national chain. No one--- not the lowliest drug addict or working girl -- should ever have to stay there....leave it to the manager and her Houseparty buds.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RoweColaw
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed April 11, 2009

I stayed there for a brief trip for a funeral. The rooms as stated before were old, dirty and worn out. I was told there were no other hotels close by in the area and I was stuck with that one for two days. The hot tub has no water and doesn't work. The indoor pool is not heated as stated. Only one outlet in the room worked and the mattress was so flimsy it slid right off the box spring. There was mold on the carpet and the room was beyond being able to be cleaned in order to look nice any longer. Most scary of all was that the elevator didn't stop on the landing of the floor as it was supposed to. It would stop between floors then slowly lower to the correct floor. It was not without it's scary moments but we have disabled family members in wheelchairs who couldn't use the stairs. I complained to the Days Inn web site who told me it was their policy that I would have to speak with the manager at that location. I called to speak with the manager only to be told that "he was there, but does not take calls". After reporting that to the Days Inn Corp. office I got a phone call back from a hotel employee with great apologies but the hotel was going through a renovation. They even knew about the elevator and "we will be fixing it". Given the short time frame I didn't check web sites like this for a review. Apparently, there's no renovation, it's been a dump for a very long time. I was offered a discount when I stay there again! I wil be contacting the regulators of the elevator certification to complain. Someone is going to get hurt.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family