“Avoid like the plague”

Ranked #93 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Sweden
“Avoid like the plague”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Avoid like the plague, unless that is exactly what you want! We were traveling with no ability to check reviews ahead of time and wish that we had. Since we were travelling with pets and they accepted them, we booked and received a ground floor room. If you absolutely must stay here with no other choice (sleeping in your car in a better option) then choose a top floor room, as that was the leak into your room will only be roof/rain water hopefully...and not raw sewage. Absolutely disgusting, with no maintenance or basic cleaning done. Layers of dust and filth in the bathroom exhaust fan, filthy sink with someone's toothpaste spit in it, bathroom door handle off and on the counter, and much more. Disgusting and in need of tearing down, too bad 1 star is as low as a rating you can give as it deserves -5.

Room Tip: If you absolutely must stay here with no other choice (sleeping in your car in a better option) then...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fort Lupton
Reviewed August 4, 2014

The worst hotel stay that I have ever had. The room was very dirty, the bed didn't look like the sheets had been changed the room was extremely cold when we arrived and the heater never warmed up the room, it was presented as a non-smoking room but smelled of tobacco and the staff told us the wrong time for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you value your money and your safety DO NOT STAY HERE.

This is possibly the most disgusting hotel I've ever seen in person. What's worse is that the owner Steven and Violet are aware of the deplorable conditions and yet take no action. They're only concern is to fill the beds.

1. Black mold behind the walls in certain rooms
There are several rooms that have previously been severely water damaged, paint and wall paper literally falling off the wall. The owners solution is to put fans in the rooms to dry them out and continue renting them to unsuspecting customers.
2. Needles and drug paraphernalia
Care about your safety? Then don't reach behind the night stands or dressers if you loose anything. They rent to any druggie or call girl that as the money. Literally, with no exaggeration they have actual hookers renting rooms there. If you stand outside for more then 10 mins you'll see a collection of the colorful characters roaming the parking lot.
3. Pool, hallways, and common areas
The "Pool" is a joke. Its basically a tub of bleach water. Talking with the employees I was able to determine that the outside pool isn't even filtered. They use a pump to get the dirt and scum out of the water and then pour bleach into it by the gallon to make it appear clean.
4. Staff
Talking with the employees specifically the house keeping and maintenance, I have determined that most of them don't care and other half cares but nothing is done to improve the conditions. Although a few employees I tried speaking with were very rude and not personable. The maintenance guy spent all day leaf blowing the parking lot when there is trash littered all over the parking lot and hallways. Not to mention all the repairs that are clearly needed. Priorities.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Estes Park, Colorado
Reviewed July 30, 2014

You get what you pay for applies here. We had booked two nights here and canceled the second! Old, musty smell and not kept up. Worn carpet, mattress, bedspreads and sheets. Paint was worn off toilet seat, cigerette stain on tub, long black hairs on floor (we're a family of blonds...) with other outside debris. Overall the impression unclean!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was the worst Days Inn that I have ever stayed at. I was there for 3 days, the room was not attended to by the housekeeping staff at all during my visit. When I approached the housekeeping staff they assured me each day that the room would be cleaned while I was gone. When I returned in the evening the trash had not even been emptied and no clean towels. When I approached the front desk each evening, I was told that the housekeeping staff was gone for the day and I could get my own towels from the pool supply. This hotel was terrible and I was not given compensation for the terrible service. Paid full price and had to empty my own trash and get my own clean towels.

Room Tip: I don't think any rooms are acceptable
Reviewed June 24, 2014

Well to put it bluntly, this is the spot for Scum to rest up and cause more damage to society. I didn't enjoy anything about my stay here. They didn't have my room ready upon check in. Got a different room and had to demand for all new bedding. Strange smell in room and the A/C didn't work. Wanted to go swimming, ha ha both of the pools were dirty. I would say that they have a couple of meth heads doing their maintenance. I am appalled at the condition of this motel for the prices they charge. My advice, spend a little extra money for a quality room somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Glewis4152
Harrison, Arkansas
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Room was quite and bed was comfortable. Otherwise it was not the typical Day s Inn. This facility is a large place off the freeway with Day s Inn on one side and Super 8 connected to it on the other side. When I checked in I asked if there was breakfast, and was told they had eggs and hot food. Sounded great until I went the next morning when I found they had hard boiled eggs and biscuits and gravy. Everything else was cold. After staying the first night of two, we asked that the toilet seat be fixed. It wasn t even looked at or touched. The air conditioner didn t work as well just was blowing air around. It s convenient to the freeway and restaurants. But because of activities going in town when we were there it was affordable, but will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family