“Disgusting! Scary!”

Knights Inn Colorado Springs
Ranked #93 of 104 Hotels in Colorado Springs
Reviewed April 30, 2011

this place is awful. it is really shabby and dirty. no bedbugs that we saw but the bed looked slept in. one coat of red paint on the wall and it need at least two more coats. frayed upholstery. the worst part was the door. it opened to the outside and you could not only feel wind blowing in you could see a half of an inch of daylight around the entire door! it wobbled back and forth! the last straw was no water! grabbed our bags and left. i gave service 2 stars just because the woman gave us our money back. we drove north to a lovely, CLEAN hilton and stayed for $89.00.

Room Tip: go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank brendykaye

Reviewed August 16, 2010

Upon arriving, noticed that the parking lot is unkept. Dirty sidewalks, trash everywhere, graffiti, etc. The elevator was covered in graffiti as well. Got inside the room and found unflushed urine waiting in the toilet. The walls and doors were filthy and looked like there was dried vomit on the wall next to the bed. After complaining to a seemingly-uncaring staff member, we were given keys to a new room. The new room had one bed which was completely falling apart and sagging in the middle. The toilet had a bloody-looking substance all over the bottom of it. The pool was inside and downt the end of a long, creepy hallway which had a locking door with a small window to see inside which resembled the door of a mental hospital. The parking lot was mostly abandoned. Now we know why! We got our money back and looked for a new hotel despite how late in the evening it was and how tired we were after traveling all day. I felt absolutly dirty after even being inside the room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed August 10, 2010

First, the hotel is overpriced, even with the Seniors discount. We could hear all the traffic on the interstate through the paper-thin walls and windows. When we first opened the door to the room, we were hit with a bad smell -- old and dirty. The tub had some black stuff on it that looked like oil and dirt. I was afraid to wipe it. The shower curtain was torn. The toilet cover was broken. The toilet ran and ran and I had to lift the cover to stop the water flow. I could go on and on. It's just a dirty, smelly hotel. Don't waste your money. We should have paid $20.00 more and gotten a nicer place.

Maria C. Bustamante
Santa Fe, New Mexico

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Tesuquecat
Reviewed July 14, 2010

We stayed at this hotel because we have stayed at Days Inns before with good experiences, and this location allowed pets and was close to my family's home. The photos on their website are totally misleading - this place is close to falling down. The carpet was filthy and sticky - we never took our shoes off. The door was so loose it rattled when closed and locked. The shower in the bathroom had formica in the shower which was loose and falling off in places - they had attempted to caulk it and there was white goo all over. The sheets had hair on them - not ours. The only good thing I can say is that the mattresses had been recently replaced and were of good quality. The outside pool shown in the photos is closed and has weeds growing around it. The inside pool actually belongs to the Super 8 next door and you have to ask for a special key to use it. I don't know if we'll ever stay in a Day's Inn again given the false advertising and bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank KMBoise
Reviewed April 9, 2010

The room smells musty and the water temperature is barely luke warm. The people staying here are very sketchy too. It's worth the extra money to stay at a more quality place.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Maybe it has gotten better since our visit but I highly recommend seeking another place to stay. The following is a list of problems.

The reservation was for ground floor/ handicap non-smoking and we got 4th floor smoking. Room was filthy. Bathroom was filthy and had a horrible odor. The room ceiling had numerous stains as well as peeling wallpaper and very dirty carpet. The lady at the front desk was a bit rude and told us there were no other rooms available. She said the city was booked and we would not be able to find another room in town. Being very late, we stayed. One of the worst places I have ever stayed.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Phil225
Reviewed August 17, 2009

I live in Denver and was going to be in Colorado Springs for the weekend. After looking at the pictures of this motel online my boyfriend and I decided that it didn't look too bad and since we were only staying for a night that it was an adequate motel to stay in. Boy were we wrong. We get there at about 7:00 that evening and check in. The front desk staff was extremely rude and the girl was talking on her cell phone instead of checking us in while we stood there waiting. Then we get to our room on the first floor after walking past a bunch of gang member type looking people and open the door. The room is just disgusting, stains everywhere, stinky musty smell, and the surfaces of the rooms look like they have never been cleaned. To top it off the bed was so disgusting that the mattress caved in the middle. Just sitting on the bed made me feel like I had lice. Our friends were staying in the room next to us and theirs was no better. To top it off when we went to go get ice and when we went to check out the pool the gangmembers that were there looked at us like we were going to get shot if we didn't leave immediately. To top it off in their restaurant there was some sort of party going on and the music was blaring until very late at night. For myself to complain about music is must have been bad, considering I am of fairly young age and still enjoy the occational party. Finally that morning we had to get up to go to the event we were in town for. There was absolutely no hot water. I had to take a 3 minute long quick shower because I was shivering so bad that I couldn't stand it. I didn't even feel clean because as soon as I got out of the shower the sheer filth of the room just made my feel grimy and gross. Please everyone take my advice and never stay there. You will thank me for it. This place needs to be shut down. Do not trust the pictures, they appear to make this motel look much nicer than what it really is.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple