“Wonderful experience!”

Academy Riding Stables
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Let me start by saying you can go horseback riding other places for less money...but you are paying a premium for two things here...attention to detail and amazing scenery. First, I have ridden all my life and there is no other place I would trust with kids. They put amazing effort into safety briefings, helmets, and making sure the kids feel safe. Second, wow! Garden of the Gods is breathtaking! Finally the guides are entertaining and fun. We had Marlon and he knew so much, he was funny, and he kept safety first. This place is top notch!

Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

★★★★☆ I did the 2 hour ride through the Garden of the Gods in mid April. It was absolutely beautiful! A larger group of approx 10 riders went out before us on the 1 hour ride. The staff was very accommodating to my friend who became extremely anxious about the ride as we were saddling up. They made sure she had a gentle horse, and answered all of her questions. We couldn't have asked for a more personable, knowledgeable, or enthusiastic guide!! It was raining/snowing during our ride, but it didn't dampen her spirits (or mine) and we had an amazing time. As we passed the various rock formations, she pointed out shapes that have been spotted in the rocks including the infamous Kissing Camels, a sea turtle, a rattlesnake, etc. Thanks Kerri Lee!!! You are the best!!!

The only drawback to this ride was the stables' policy of not allowing their guides to take pix of riders. Instead, they have staff that take pix from predetermined locations, which they then sell at the end of the ride. I would have liked a pic of my friend and I on our horses together, as I have from other trail rides - taken by our guide on my own camera or cell phone... The other thing to be aware of is their 72 hour cancellation policy - they ride rain or shine.

Overall, we had a great ride in a beautiful setting with a fantastic guide! I would go again...

1  Thank jrox1
Reviewed April 17, 2014

First off, let me start by saying that our Guide MARLIN was AWESOME! I don't think that my ride would've been as great without him! We did the two hour ride and highly recommend that! Everyone was friendly and even sorta let us pick our horses.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The best way to take a leisurely tour of the inside of Garden of the Gods, vs. the paved roadways. Guides are helpful and informative of the formations and history of the park.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

The stables was very clean and the tour guide Becca was very knowlegable however the ride was short and was really expensive for no more than you get....the whole tour may have been 30 mins and costed $98 for two people. Just not worth the money!!!

1  Thank Amy W