“Best way to see the Garden of the Gods”

Academy Riding Stables
Reviewed October 27, 2011

Three hour tour totally worth the money. You get the chance to see the whole park with the guide stopping so you can take photos. All staff very personable. Semi-aggressive riding was great, not just a flat trail, with multiple elevation changes. I would recommend this to anyone.

1  Thank Nathan B
in 90 reviews
"horses"
in 228 reviews

Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I went on a two hour ride through Garden of the Gods, it was such a great experience I didn't want it to end! The staff was very very friendly and helpful and offered my husband and I a military discount. The views from the trail were breathtaking and seeing everything while riding made it so much fun! The scenary is just GORGEOUS and you couldn't capture the same views by foot! I would recommend this ride to everyone visiting the Colorado Spring area, it's a must do especially if you love animals and the outdoors! My husband and I have been talking about this experience for days after, we loved it!!!!

1  Thank Jrufener
Reviewed September 22, 2011

This was our second time to ride through Garden of the Gods with the Academy Riding Stables. Due to some mis-communication, we were taken on a one-hour ride (rather than the two-hour ride we paid for). Upon returning to the stables, we realized we were coming back before two hours out and one of the staff members asked why we were back too early...they immediately realized the error and loaded everyone back up and we headed out for the rest of the sight-seeing tour. They were very apologetic for the oversight, but they made it right with everyone there. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. They also appear to take care of their horses!

1  Thank want2travel2100
Reviewed September 17, 2011

This was your typical "nose to tail" trail ride but the setting of Garden of the Gods was excellent. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and assisted you with choosing an appropriate level of horse. All of the horses looked in great shape and well taken care of. During the ride, the cowboy/cowgirl on the ride with us would give some history of the park and point out some of the rock features. We had quite a large group so if you were in the middle of the pack, it was difficult to hear. The ride did have some challenging maneuvers but you were instructed how to handle them all with your horse. The most challenging thing was handling my horse at times - meaning she was a little spirited in the fact that she did NOT like the horse behind her…or any horse behind her for that matter. Don’t get me wrong, she was a great horse with otherwise great temperament and handled the rock challenges well, she just maybe should be in the back of the line. One other note, you can bring a camera but not water if it is "loose" - that won't be allowed. They do sell lanyards that can hold water bottles - it can be a long hot ride without any water. Overall it was a good experience and a lot of fun. Recommend to solo's or families.

4  Thank nickel_travels
See more reviews
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Make sure and come at least a half an hour to an hour early to fill out the paper work. I found the fee for the a hour ride over priced. The Academy Riding Stables has no competition if you want to horseback ride through the Garden of the Gods. This park is a free park if you'd like to hike around through out the park. Our guide, Sam, was great and told us riders the history behind the park. The horses are well behaved and are well kept. You'll have your picture taken during your ride and are available for sale after completing your ride.

3  Thank KANDILAKE