“Great Lamb!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Great Lamb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

We enjoyed our first visit here very much. The menu is simple and short, but very nice. We shared the duck confit appetizer and the organic greens with pistachios and pear salad to open. Both were excellent. I ordered the Lamb Tajine that is not to be missed--a huge lamb shank that melts in your mouth with excellent sauce and veggies. My wife had the hangar steak that was very good, though the frites were probably the low point of the meal--too thick, not crunchy on the outside. they have a nice by-the-glass wine list that complements the meal, too. Dessert and cappuccino capped an excellent first visit. We'll be back!

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“First time maybe last time.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My friends and I were trying the Couture's Bistro for the first time. We went mid week and found the restaurant nearly empty. The service was slow -- even taking our orders.
I cook, so I know that the restaurant may not have as many dishes pre-prepped on a slow night, but the entrée took at least 30 minutes. The food was fairly good but not great. The dessert was good.
We had four glasses of wine total between the four of us. The bill with tip was $196. After I got home, I thought that really was high. I hope they didn't put a tip on without telling me. I should have looked, but ...
Either way, it was way over priced. I may stop by and chat with the owner-chef about my experience and see what the outcome maybe. If I need to change my review, I will

Visited March 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
“Just not very good...especially for the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I live downtown and always wang to support local restaurants. That being said we had a very mediocre meal to the tune of $120. We ordered a Caesar salad and duck confit to start. The salad was underdressed and nothing special. The duck confit was very tough. The couscous that came with the duck was the best part of the meal all together. For our main dishes we had roasted chicken and salmon. The roasted chicken (my husband got the dark meat) was very dry and grocery store rotisserie chicken has more moisture. My salmon was very underdone. I'm a fan of medium, but this was very rare. The chef did offer to make another one, but I ate my vegetables and was full. I would love to see this place make it, but there needs to be some serious food changes.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Wonderful French food in a relaxed-yet-elegant setting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

We love this place! Our brunch simply could not have been better -- we had the Eggs Benedict with medallions of beef, the spinach and mushroom crepes, and beignets. The food was fresh, delicious, and perfectly seasoned. The beignets were warm and fresh out of the pan. The sauces were perfect. And the service was both laid-back and very attentive. Our server, Chris, was on his own with the restaurant filling up fast, and yet he made us feel like we were his number-one priority. We will be going back again and again!!!

• Visited February 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Exquisite cuisine, a perfect atmosphere and just right service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

Once you get past the painfully odd name of this place, you'll discover one of the best little restaurants in Colorado Springs. We often go into Paris Crepe, right next door, but finally poked our head into the Bistro and were amazed at the transformation of this downtown space into what must be the classic American image of what a Parisian cafe should be. The owner (who also owns Paris Crepe) has clearly spared no expense in creating at atmosphere evocative of Montmartre, with textured brick walls, beautiful murals paying homage to Van Gogh, tile floors, and custom upholstery which alone would have blown the decor budgets of your average eatery. So you step out of Colorado Springs and into this little slice of Paris, and your are greeted by a friendly and attentive service team that, of course, is not at all like the aloof snobbery that more typifies a Paris cafe.

The food is simply amazing. Not only was my tenderloin Eggs Benedict the best breakfast I've ever been served in Colorado Springs, but it ranks right up there with the best breakfasts I've ever been served anywhere. Normally I like to drench my Eggs Bennie in Hollandaise, but the mere dribble here was more than enough, as it would have been a crime to mask the sublime seasonings of perfectly poached egg and tender, tender tenderloin. The breakfast potatoes were perfectly proportioned, crisp and fabulously seasoned on the outside, steaming on the inside. The coffee, although not classically "pressed" as they do in France, was a rich and flavorful French Roast that we could have just stayed and sipped all day long. And Beignets. Oh, my, the Beignets.

Must return for dinner, although I did find the wine list (all by-the-glass) to be limited, a bit eclectic, and short on French selections - favoring California, Chilean, and Italian varieties. But my guess is that there are some fabulous pairings for what is on the menu, and I can't wait to go back for a long, lingering evening. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited February 2014