“OK beer just average food”

Phantom Canyon Brewing Co
Show Low, Arizona
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“OK beer just average food”
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

The location and building are the best of this visit. Beer acceptable but not a must see. Food average pub grub. Service disappointing but being slow and uneducated on menu and beers.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nothing special”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Average food for higher than average prices. I am sure there is better places to eat. Keep looking for someplace to eat.

Visited July 2013
Nashville, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yes!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

If you're staying in the Hilton, this place couldn't be in a better location. Went there around 11pm and patronized the upstairs bar. Great vibe, delicious hefeweisen and my drinking mates all loved the food. Very cool upstairs patio with smoking after 9pm for my cigar sucking friends. Some of the tables had a built in fire pit which was pretty cool.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Molly C
Potomac, Maryland
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“I Come Here Every Trip to The Springs”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Excellent beer, cool atmosphere, good food, reasonable prices. Enough said. Plus, there are many locally oriented food choices - CO lamb, buffalo burgers, local bratwurst. All very good. Every time I am in town, which has ben a lot over the last few years, I always eat here my first night in town. This is also the one Springs dinner spot that my son fondly remembers from his trips here with me.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank BruValM
Colorado Springs, Colorado
164 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 241 helpful votes
“Much improved”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've been to Phantom Canyon innumerable times over the years. It's such a perfect brewpub and reception facility for downtown Springs.

When I first started going 12 years ago, the food was really good for a period of about 3 years. But the next 6-7 years, I noticed a marked decline in service, beer, and food. It just felt stressful, the employees didn't try hard, and the food wasn't worth it so I just stopped going as often. About two years ago, I noticed the beginnings of improvement. Last night was my most recent visit, and I was extremely pleased by our experience!

We had reservations for 9. Though we were half an hour early, our table was already set up for us and we were able to sit immediately. Our server was outstanding- in fact, the best I've had at Phantom (apologies to all my friends who work there, but ya'll should watch her cuz she's GOOD- too bad I don't know her name). She was never fazed by our demands, and she offered the perfect amount of attention. Most of us were surprised to find refilled waters and sodas at our elbows as we never even noticed her doing so or needing to ask. Additionally, everything came out after the right amount of time and she never forgot special requests. Very pleasant with a warm smile. And she knew the answers to our questions.

Food: Nothing too innovative or inventive, but the few out-of-the-box ingredients made a nice touch. We really enjoyed the appetizers (beer pretzels with mustard and cheese dips, and housemade cheesy fries). Everyone received exactly what they ordered. My lamb sirloin surprised me in how good it was. Medium rare, not chewy, on a bed of rich glaze next to a pile of risotto. My only disappointment was maybe the cheap-looking julienned carrot salad. The fiance's steak special was cooked to the right temperature, and we both loved the pico de gallo - it actually had some kick to it! The mashed yam was ok, but seemed tasteless and dry; it probably could've used some butter. His niece finished her kid's meal cheeseburger with fries, lemonade, and sundae... and she's usually picky. The birthday celeb got to choose a complimentary dessert, and she shared her slice of Phantom's turtle cheesecake: luscious sin with a silky smoothness and light chocolate umami.

I didn't have any beer as I was driving that night. But kudos, Phantom, it's good to have you back on my personal list of favorite local spots!

Visited January 2013