“Would suck without good company”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Cowboys

Cowboys
More attraction details
Owner description: Country-and-western dance hall.
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Would suck without good company”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Sundays are 16+ night, Wednesdays are 18+ night. I'm 20 and attend Sunday nights to be with my friends on weekends. If not for them, this place would suck.

Every single week, they play "F*** Her on the Wall", which is the most popular (not to mention most TASTELESS) song of the night, with more people on the floor dancing to it than any other song, by far.

I have literally NEVER been smiled at by a single employee. The bouncers play their tough-guy part, but the coat-check, cashier, and barmaid have never show me any sign of positive emotions. It's like their hate their lives-- and hate mine for some reason.

At 11:15, about 8 pop songs are played, including "Cupid Shuffle", which is a good non-country group dance. Throughout the night, 1-on-1 country dance songs are played, as well as about 20% line-dances for everyone in the club to do together.

The music is good, though I'm not an avid country fan so I don't know many of the songs. It's easy to just hop onto the dance floor and dance away without a care.

Sometimes younger girls think they're important, so they dance on tables, but then get offended when guys approach them... You'll probably see some people doing stupid things or pretending they're all-that.

While I was watching my friend dance, a 40-year-old man approached me once and asked my age, told me his, called me sexy, then left. I've had no other problems with any other patrons.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gabrielle S

Placitas, New Mexico
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Fun Zone for all”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

My wife and I are not into big crowds, so we went early. We had the dance floor to our selves, one bartender and a big dance floor. We danced for 1.5 hours almost every song. Great song selections. We were tired when the first people started coming, so we left. It was like reserving the whole dance floor just for us.
Came back on a Sunday night for dance classes. The teacher was great, took it step by step. More advanced dancers were helping others with out even being asked. Nice! Do not know how busy it gets, because we never stayed late. The bar is large enough to allow movement for alot of people. No smoking inside, but has a balcony to allow the smokers a reprieve.
Go early to get a lay out of the place and have the floor to yourself

Visited November 2012
jamielynnj21
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“It was better at it's old location, but still fun”
Reviewed August 14, 2011

This is a fun country bar. The layout however is not as conducive for dancing as it's previous location, and since that is my primary reason for attending country bars, it is not my favorite place. It can be fun when you're already down town and looking for a change of pace. The upstairs patio area could be nice and refreshing, except it is the designated smoking area...

Visited July 2011
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best In Colorado”
Reviewed April 10, 2006

Cowboys is a wonderful country club that will accomodate any type of country music lover, huge dance floor with smaller one in the middle for line dancing, 4 bars, pool tables, and even a karoke room. We actually go there as often as we can. I am a colorado native and been to many of the country clubs here in colorado.. and COWBOYS is by FAR the best.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member