“My "Go To" Park - When Haven't I Been?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Palmer Park Photo Tours
Virginia Beach, Virginia
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“My "Go To" Park - When Haven't I Been?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

Palmer Park is my "go to" park for taking a hike / walk on any given day or just getting some fresh air with "views" - especially when I don't have the whole day to drive or take a longer hike. This park is in the middle of the city and offers great trails for hiking, biking or just a place for an afternoon picnic. Trails vary from short and sweet to longer/intersecting with some minor to moderate challenges. Since I do frequent these trails, I also volunteer with the GOPP to help maintain and protect this open space so others can also enjoy it. The park is appropriate for solos or families to get out and enjoy the outdoors - right in the middle of the Springs. * One recommendation, there is only one active restroom facility for the park - at the entrance off of Maizeland. Due to funding, the city does not maintain the other restroom facilities.

Visited September 2011

Palm Bay, Florida
“Beautiful views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

Great view. Some paths handicap accessible. Area for dogs.

Visited July 2011
Colorado Springs, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great escape in the middle of the city!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2010

We have 2 young children, (preschool age,) but this park is fun for everyone!

There is a large playground with swings, sandboxes, and equipment for all ages and skill levels. (Kids can race each other down slides right next to each other!) There is a large pavilion for group gatherings, and smaller covered table areas right next to the playground that are perfect for a pic-nick lunch.

Drive to the top - takes 5-8 minutes tops - take in the view. (Or stay in the car, because the gentle drive to the top helped your little ones take a nap!)

If you want to try something besides the playground with your family, try taking the back road into Palmer Park. (Follow Maizeland Road west, until you make a right on Chelton Road. Follow it all the way until it dead ends, and you see the back entrance gate to the park.) Park in the small parking lot, and take the trail that winds up towards the nearby horse stables. The owners are very friendly, and they allow you and your kids to visit the ducks, chickens, horses, and goats. (I pushed my oldest in a stroller, while carrying my 4 month old in a Baby B-Jorn. The path was not too difficult for my stroller, but it is an all-terrain stroller.) My kids absolutely loved it, and I loved that it was FREE!

4 Thank jbowman04
colorado springs
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2009

My whole family plays in the park. From a 4 year old to me a 41 year old, we boulder, we hike, we bike lots. We are spoiled.

Colorado Springs
“Beautiful Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2008

The park was great. They have a dog park there, plus tons of trails to go exploring. We go there often.