“Stay away!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of J's Motor Hotel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Colorado Springs
J's Motor Hotel
Ranked #92 of 105 Hotels in Colorado Springs
NYC, NY
“Stay away!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2008

This Hotel was once adequate with a solid diner that served solid breakfast food. The last time I stayed there it was a nightmare. The sheets weren't clean and the room needed to be vacuumed.

• Stayed July 2003, traveled as a couple

Families
Solo
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2005

I cannot believe the poster who wrote the first review and I stayed at the same hotel. Perhaps I simply have higher standards. My experience was closer to the second poster's. Here was my experience: J's would not take a reservation request over the phone, but indicated they would have availability when I arrived (no doubt, as most people would be scared off from checking in!); when I arrived at 11:30am, the staff person complained I was checking in too early, but she did check to see if a room was clean and then did agree to check me in; the people staying in the motel seemed like residents in a halfway house -- I left all my valuables locked in the trunk of my rental car; the room was clean but shabby, the TV was broken -- I didn't try the phone -- and the light in the bathroom was also broken (I showered in the dark before leaving for the airport at 4am). As the second poster stated, there was no radio and no clock -- fortunately I had my own travel clock. I stayed at J's to save my company money, and given that I literally only slept there for 3 hours it was probably worth the tradeoff, but really, this place is maybe a half-step above camping (at least a shower was available and the water was warm). I strongly advise against staying there -- it's cheap, but not worth it unless you are a college kid willing to totally rough it to save money...

Stayed June 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Colorado Springs hotels

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2005

I read the one review posted on your site for J's Motel: 5-Stars, all-good.
So I decided to take a chance, as the price was quite low.
MISTAKE!!!
Although the employees were very nice, as it stated, the rest of my 2-night experience does not include "Nice"!
Very run-down; very under-maintained; very nasty.
When I first arrived I had to wipe down all counters, table tops, etc, as they were all at least 2 layers deep in...crust and stickiness.
I was in town on business, and when I returned to the room on the evening of day 2 it had not been cleaned (big surprise-why start now?) nor had the bed been made nor the hand towels posing as bath towels been changed.
There was a bed and one uncomfortable straight-back chair. The TV did work. There were no radios nor clocks. The small fridge must have worked as I heard it all through the night. The windows looked to be the original 1950s windows, and they allowed me excellent aural awareness of the outdoors and every vehicle driving by. The thin curtains let the bright spotlight from the parking lot of the business next door light-up the room quite ncely. The bath tub looked as though the previous 48 visitors must have worn their work boots to shower; the soap basin had not been cleaned nor hosed-out for a good 2 years, with a deep deep layer of white slime & rust.
On day 2 the toilet could only be flushed by removing the back and yanking on the chain. And on and on.
Oh, yes. As I stated, the employees were quite nice. And the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed March 2005, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Michael5225
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2005

I recently visited J'S Motor Hotel. What a wonderful surprise. A small older building, with modern upgrades and comfort. Centrally located close to downtown. All the rooms were decorated like your own bedroom. The staff was excellent. The resident manager Rose is a gem. With her Southern Belle friendliness and attitude, she makes J's a wonderful place to stay. The Campus Cafe and Restaurant is a nice surprise. Breakfast is included with your stay and they also provide wonderful room service.
This hotel is a sleeper. The cleaniness and customer service, along with the feeling of home, will make you want to come again.

• Stayed January 2005