“Great restaurant and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Charles Court - CLOSED

Charles Court
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: El Pomar Road
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great restaurant and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I ate here for my 75th birthday. Since it was pleasant weather, we got a table outside with a great view of the lake and the buildings on the east side. There's a wide, paved sidewalk going around the lake with a nice footbridge crossing the middle of the lake. Many people walked by as we ate and, while they were interesting to watch, they were outdone by the doe and fawn that walked casually by within 25 yards of our table! The fawn was a real cutie and didn't seem nervous at all. Our meal was top notch. I had the venison for my entrée and it was cooked to perfection. We also had an excellent bottle of wine that was rated 94 by Wine Spectator (I checked on my smartphone). The staff beautifully decorated a plate with "Happy 75th birthday" in chocolate. They then comped my dessert as a gift. They were a bit late bringing my after dinner drink so they promptly comped that as well. You just couldn't beat the experience. The only warning is not to go without a reservation. The Broadmoor is a very special property and all their restaurants are in great demand. It's worth the phone call so you won't be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013

Oklahoma
“Super food and elegant presentation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great food, great service, polite, attentive,varied menu, pricy but worth it. Try the venison!!! The atmosphere is subdued and old style classy, great for business or romantic dinner.

Visited July 2013
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

The food and service here is great. The view amazing! The place seems a little out dated and I'm not sure why they have their servers wearing such costumes. My advice- update a bit.

Visited March 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Good breakfast spot - place lacks character”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had breakfast at Charles Court on the patio. A beautiful setting. The food was very good. Had eggs bene and biscuits. Both were quite good. I would highly recommend it as a breakfast spot.
I heard that Charles Court will be transformed in to an Italian restaurant. Not sure if that is true. But I would definitely say that of all of the restaurants at the Broadmoor, it had the least amount of character. That said, still a really good breakfast option.

Visited July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“We found the service uneven”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

We are residents of Colorado Springs and Charles Court has been a favorite of ours in the past. This week, we felt the entire service was 'off.' We really don't like the direction the menu has gone with fewer choices. The appetizers were good--but the main dishes were not. My salmon was overcooked-the pancetta was nearly burnt in the dish. Service was just odd--not attentive as it used to be. There was an enormous lapse of time between the appetizers being eaten and the entrees being served--an indicator that something was not right in the kitchen. The icing on the cake was when my daughter's 1/2 eaten dessert was removed while she was in the ladies room!!
She sure would have liked to have finished that.

We were also confused by the 4 young ladies manning the reception desk. They seemed to consider the evening appropriate for chit-chatting. We were initially nearly shown to the chef's table when the rest of our party had already been seated in the dining room. It was a bit sloppy.

This was not the Charles Court of a year ago--which saddened us. The restaurant used to be so sharp--and the service flawless. It just fell very short of the mark. It looked to use like the entire staff needed some re-training and re-grouping.

• Visited June 2013