“Eh!”

Dining options: Reservations
colorado
“Eh!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

It has been a while since I was there last, but I was talking to a friend recently and apparently not much has changed. Sadly, the service and food are lackluster. And it is just too pricey for what you get!

Ogunquit, Maine
“Bon appetit”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

This place blew my taste buds away. The food here was so good that I could not believe what I was eating. Yes, the price is a little high but the food quickly filled that flaw. The waiter was really kind and the food was made very fast. My family really enjoyed it and so did I. I was statisfied at the end of my meal but I could not resist not having more. My stomach was so full by the end that I had to leave with no belt, haha. One of the best restaurants my family and I have ever been to. Bon appetit!!!

• Visited August 2012
Charlotte, NC
“Friendly service and a good meal for a chain”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Service was efficient and friendly, I parked in a both with my laptop and never felt rushed or neglected. Food was very good, from the caprese Salad with a delicious pesto to the chicken dish I had.

Visited August 2012
Weatherford, Texas
“Road Trip”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Carrabba's is always an excellent choice for dining. Nice atmosphere, friendly wait staff, and always delicious food!

Visited August 2012
South Fork, Colorado
“If I could take this place home with me, I would!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Okay, this is going to be a little lengthy, but I've got more to talk about than just the delicious food. Here it goes...

My husband and I are staying in Colorado Springs for a couple of days for some extensive dental work for him. Today, he had all of his lower teeth pulled and his lower dentures put in and it's been quite a draining and painful day. This particular Carrabba's is right across the street from our hotel (La Quinta). We were getting ready to head back to the dentist's office to pick up his dentures, but I decided to call and see what kind of soup they had to pick some up for him later for dinner. The manager, Julia, answered the phone and was very warm and hospitable. I asked what soup they had and I told her about my husband needing something soft due to the dental work. She very kindly stated that the kitchen wasn't actually opening for a couple of hours, but she would be more than happy to go to the kitchen and heat him up some soup so he wouldn't go hungry. I was taken aback by her over-the-top service, but thanked her for going above and beyond. However, we wouldn't be back for a couple of hours anyway and they would be open by then.

We finished at the dental appointment and came back to the hotel. My husband said he felt well enough to dine in the restaurant, so we decided to do so. First of all, you have GOT to love the aromas that greet you when you walk in the door of that place. Mama Mia...delicioso! :) The greeter sat us at a table and our waiter, Connor, came to the table for our drink order. He was very kind, warm, and attentive. When we told him where we were from (nobody seems to have ever heard of South Fork before LOL), he not only knew where it was but a couple of the smaller adjacent towns. I was impressed. :) My husband got a little ambitious and decided he was going to try the lasagna and I ordered the chicken marsala. Connor had barely had time to make it back to the kitchen before my husband tried a bite of the delicious warm bread dipped in the herbed olive oil. I could tell right away he was in tremendous pain and I asked if he would be able to deal with the lasagna. He said he was going to go cancel the order and just stick with the soup.

Another server brought my salad and two cups of soup. I told her they both belonged to my husband. She wasn't gone very long until Connor came to the table and apologized for the double portion as he had changed it to a bowl from a cup, but apparently there was a mix-up. When they brought my chicken marsala, they brought a HUGE bowl of the soup for my husband as well. LOL We got a bit tickled about it all, but I told them we'd gladly pay for each portion so he would be sure to have plenty to eat now and some for later in the room. Connor came back shaking his head and apologizing again. I told him there was no problem whatsoever that, in fact, we were happy to get the additional order so we could take it back to the room and to be sure to put all the servings on the bill. He refused to charge us for more than just the original cup we requested. We went back and forth, but he finally won out. I was amazed.

As if Connor hadn't shown us enough hospitality and kindness, here came Julia, the woman I spoke with on the phone a couple of hours before. She had never seen us before and didn't know us from a hole in the wall. Yet, she managed to figure out that out of the restaurant full of people, I was the one she had spoken with earlier in the evening. She came by to introduce herself, to ask how he was feeling, and to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. I told her about the abundance of soup and chuckled, stating again that we wanted to pay for it all and she not only refused to charge us anymore, but said she would get us more on the house if he needed it! Again...I'm floored! I was so deeply touched by the actions of each person on their staff that we encountered that I almost hated to leave! :)

I told you this was going to be lengthy. LOL I just had to bring to everyone's attention that not only are there still places that offer good service, there are a few places that still provide INCREDIBLE service and this particular location fit the bill entirely! And the best part? The food was delicious!!! I was so impressed that we will make a point to eat here every time we are in Colorado Springs. Thank you, Carrabba's on Geyser Drive! You made a rough day SO much better and it ended on a very positive note. <3

• Visited August 2012