“Awkward for newcomer”

Il Vicino
Ranked #50 of 1,420 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Awkward for newcomer”
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Tourists looking to try somewhere new...
Cons: metered parking - have change ready. You order and pay when you enter and then sit down for full service from there. Menus are on wall before you, but overwhelming.
Pros: food is fresh and prepared quickly. Servers are enthusiastic and friendly.
Overall: wish this was a full service restaurant with someone to seat me and tell me specials and guide me thru ordering. At the beginning there is a place for tip before you ever sit down, but you have no idea what you are tipping for. Clean nice atmosphere with some outdoor seating, but small. Watched others come in and stare at overwhelming menu and leave. Thought the food was ok, but really felt too frustrated with ordering and tipping to enjoy it!

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank family4MI

Dallas, Texas
“Good find”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We ate here our last night in town. The food was good (my husband and I split one of the sandwiches, which are HUGE). The food was good, the wine was good and the staff was friendly. Indoor or outdoor seating. It's a no frills place which is perfect after spending the day outside exploring the beautiful scenery.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“There's a reason it's rated high.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Great place, great pizza, great service, and great price. I don't have anything bad to say.
I guess the worst part is choosing from so many options.

• Visited July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Our favorite "nothing else doing, where do you want to go" place”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Since it has opened up in the University mall on Nevada, this has been our go-to place when we don't feel like cooking. We split a pizza, get two side salads, and a local beer (they have Bristol taps).

Potomac, Maryland
“A Real Find - Best Pizza in The Springs!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Wonderful pizza, calzone, salads, especially the wood oven pizzas, excellent even by my snobby native Bronx, NY pizza standards. Fast, friendly service. Many menu items for kids. This is a very family friendly place and is always on my list of dinner stops when I am in town.