“Great Food and Nice People”
Review of The Dive

The Dive
Ranked #61 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Barbecue, Diner
Description: We specialize in juicy 1/2 lb. hamburgers grilled to order, delicious breakfasts served all day, and outstanding BBQ smoked in-house!Our mission at The Dive is to provide excellent food at a reasonable price and to provide the best service possible to make the dining experience one you won't soon forget. We're talking about the kind of food people will want to tell their friends about. The kind of food and service that people will be anxious to come experience again and again. We believe that providing this kind of genuine friendly atmosphere, food, and service will enable us to build relationships within the community that will last for many years to come.
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Dive has become one of my favorite restaurants. The name "the Dive" is kinda off-putting to some but it actually drew me in with its sense of humor. Inside the door you'll find a few basic looking tables and lots of silly sarcastic signs. My favorite one read "Unattended children will be given a capaccino and a kitten." The burgers are absolutely great and I loved the huevos rancheros there too. I hesitate to review this restaurant because I'm afraid too many people will find out about this place and then I'll have to wait for a table!

Jim K, Owner at The Dive, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

First of all, thank you for your business! I really appreciate your review as well. Our goal at The Dive is to provide great food and service to our customers, and to strive to continuously improve for our valued customers. I look forward to the opportunity to earn your patronage in the future.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We go here for breakfast at times and the prices are reasonable. The homefries are very good with red peppers and onions!

Jim K, Owner at The Dive, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for your review! We really strive to serve excellent food and service and to make our customers happy. We appreciate your business very much! We are always happy to receive your feedback.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had only breakfast here on this visit to Colorado Springs. The food was perfectly cooked and very tasty. The service was also excellent. In the future we will try lunch and dinner also. We stay at a B&B nearby and our discovery of The Dive will make our yearly visits even better.

Jim K, Owner at The Dive, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thanks for your review! It pleases me to know that we reached our goal of making you happy and filling your belly with delicious food while you were here! We would love to see you again on your next visit to Colorado Springs.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

First time here and left with good first impressions. This used to be the location of Vietnamese Garden, but The Dive seems better suited for the building and neighborhood. We were greeted right away and told to sit anywhere we wanted, patio included.

Breakfast is served all day but we opted to browse the variety of burger options, settling on The Dive and The Bistro (both contained bacon). They arrived quickly with tomato, pickles, and lettuce on the side and a huge pile of good-looking fries. I had ordered medium and expected more pink, but there was only a trace of it in the very middle. Still, it tasted great- 1/2 lb juicy patties atop brioche buns with thick slices of delicious bacon always win my heart.

My only disappointment is directed to the cookies. You get 3 for $1, and although they're made in-house, there was nothing special about them as they were hard and crumbly and the flavors were reminscent of a package of Chips Ahoy. Next time we'll try the cakes or pies.

Our server was friendly and down-to-earth with a laid-back sense of sarcastic humor, but she was efficient and took care of us well, refilling our drinks often.

Recommended!

1  Thank aerofaze
Jim K, Owner at The Dive, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Aerofaze, I really appreciate your good review! I apologize if the cookies weren't all that you expected. We will try to improve upon that and hope to see you in the near future! As always, we appreciate your feedback...our goal is to always improve!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Came upon The Dive after a trip up Pikes Peak. The small house hides the great surprise inside. The freshly smoked ribs were falling off the bone good, with a great smokey flavor and just the right amount of sweet tangy sauce. This along with great crispy fries and smoked baked beans made for the best meal I had during my 5 days in Colorado. The Dive is off the main drag so you have to look for it, but trust me........its worth the trip!!!!!

Jim K, Owner at The Dive, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Hi bwiBob, thanks for the great review! I'm so glad you appreciated and enjoyed our delicious ribs. I'm also glad you took the time to find us. It would be our pleasure to serve you again when you are in Colorado.