All reviews within walking distance movie theater front desk gas fire pit hi express priority club amazing location over christmas hotel location walls are thin recommend this hotel stayed here for a week the breakfast area breakfast was included ice machine nice stay room was large
Reviewed August 5, 2018

Stayed here for a week long trip and it wasn't my first choice of places to stay - however, after checking in and seeing the surprising quality of the rooms, the closeness of the other restaurants and shopping areas and how incredibly helpful the front office team was, I will be back here again! Good range of items for breakfast that wasn't just full of carbs but could have used some more fruit choices. Overall a very pleasant stay. Be sure to ask the front desk for coupons and specials at local restaurants!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
J-Wright-COS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thank you for your rave review. I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations and are now your location of choice. We will keep the coupons handy!

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

The service was good, location was perfect for what I neeeed it for. I needed to be within 15 mins of central downtown and the airport but not too close to the airport. The hotel was very clean. Lots of walkable stores and food. I’d stay here again for sure.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank PipR_UK
J-Wright-COS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

Thank you for your review. I am glad that our location was perfect for you and that we met your expectations. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 9, 2018

This hotel had attentive staff and offers a great breakfast. The only complaint is that the walls are thin, and we could hear the guests next door, but a white noise machine -- or app on Youtube -- helps. Our room was comfortable and would be nice for business guests. No microwave, but one is furnished in the hotel's lobby shop. The location is right in the middle of shops and restaurants and a movie theater. Plenty to do without ever getting in your car.

Room tip: Bring a white-noise machine or use an app to stifle noise.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jody S

I appreciate your feedback. I am glad that we made you feel welcome, but I am sorry that your stay was not perfect. We hope that you stay with us again on your next visit to Colorado Springs. Thank you for reviewing our hotel!

Reviewed June 20, 2018

Upper end of the Holiday Inn Express chain. Stayed in a King bed room. Great, functional workspace, with functional lighting to do work. Most hotel rooms (other than suites) I have stayed at have sub-par lighting to do any work. Not the case here. Plenty of lamps to adjust lighting to your liking and needs.

Bed was super comfortable, and room was large with lots of space. I was on the first floor, and there were people gathered in the common room socializing and speaking loudly. Even though I was only 4 rooms down the hall, I could not hear a thing once my door was closed.

Finally, the breakfast area is one of the best organized and furbished in comparison to other Holiday Inn Express. Staff was very friendly and attentive to the small details.

Date of stay: June 2018
2  Thank Pascal G
J-Wright-COS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

We love your review. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed June 14, 2018

This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express situated in a great location. There are a lot of shops, restaurants and a great movie theater within walking distance. The only thing to note is that the bathroom had a large shower instead of a tub/shower combo.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Danielle G
J-Wright-COS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay but I am sorry that it was not absolutely perfect for you. If you prefer to have a tub/shower combo, I would recommend our Executive King and Standard Two Queens for your next stay. Both of these room types feature a tub/shower combo and are generally less expensive than our our King Suites and Two Queen Suites each feature a beautiful shower. Thanks again for your feedback.