Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main
  • Restaurant
$169
$164
$156
The Academy Hotel Colorado Springs(Colorado Springs)(Great Value!)
$158
$143
$177
EmbassySuites.com
$194
$549
$479
Travelocity
All reviewswithin walking distancefront deskrooms are comfortable and cleangas fire pitmovie theaterpikes peakpriority clubamazing locationhotel locationrecommend this hotelgreat hotelenjoyed our staydecent breakfastfree breakfastindoor poolnext morningice machine
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Right off the bat, when calling to confirm reservation, the staff went above and beyond and really helped us out. When we arrived, the front desk clerk, Connie, was very pleasant and professional. Our room was very clean and had all the proper amenities, and then some! The variety of pillows and lights was a nice touch as well. Housekeeping did an excellent job of cleaning the room when we asked, and stayed away when the DnD sign was on the door. We took advantage of the great pool and cool little business center. The only downfall was the breakfast. Not the food itself, but the service associated with this. I should note, the breakfast is served at an actual restaurant connected to the hotel. The servers were often slow and hard to get a hold of. The breakfast system is set up using coupons worth a $10 value a person, which often times wasn't enough to cover a meal with beverage.

Overall, we were so thrilled and satisfied to be staying at this hotel! And we will be returning!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEx_COSFM_Mgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Colorado Springs First and Main, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Aaron,
We would love to take the credit for all the great things you said about your recent stay, but it unfortunately is not the Holiday Inn Express & Suites First and Main. Connie sounds like a great employee at the Front Desk. One I would certainly like to have on our staff, but alas, she does not work for us. Also, we do not have a restaurant attached to our hotel. We do, however, serve our Fresh Start breakfast in the Great Room directly off of our lobby, which is complimentary to all of our guests.
We would be delighted to have you stay with us on your next visit to Colorado Springs and make your next stay even better.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This is a new hotel conveniently located within walking distance of a movie theater, restaurants and shopping in an area of town that is not usually friendly for anyone walking.

Staff were friendly, rooms were new with comfortable beds.

A few drawbacks:

I asked the front desk what the approximate cost for a taxi to the airport would be and they didn't know (it's about $28).

I also asked them to call a taxi for me for an early morning flight the night before and they could not confirm that a taxi had been called when I was waiting for the taxi in the morning and had to call again. The taxi came on time for me to make my flight, so it ended up okay, but it's not something you want to take a chance on.

They do not supply hand lotion - something that would be good considering how dry it is in Colorado.

The biggest drawback on my last night there was when there were winds and I heard a dreadful moaning sound off and on all night - sounded like a human even though I know it was the wind. That really kept me from having a good night's sleep. Overall, you can hear the other guests so the soundproofing isn't great.

But I like Holiday Inn Express hotels and this one is a good one in a good location for Colorado Springs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sea-lon-sf
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Not just an ordinary, run of the mill Holiday Inn. I have never been in any hotel/motel where I was treated so well. The staff was exceptionally friendly, well mannered, and super polite.
It was ultra clean, extremely well stocked, nicely decorated and furnished.
Their complimentary breakfast bar puts others to shame, very plentiful, amazing selections, and clean. Situated in a large shopping plaza, one would think it would be very noisy, not so, and everything at your beck and call, restaurants, cinema, goods and services of all kinds. A great place to stay while in Colorado Springs

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2014

This was really a one-of-a-kind experience for us. This Holiday Inn Express has found the perfect location. And a wonderful staff. We stayed there in one of their beautiful suites while on a two week business trip. Everything we needed was there. Good quality restaurants of many cuisines, department, sporting, and electronics stores, shops, all within walking distance. Many more within a mile or two. A Cinemark theatre with IMAX was literally just a two minute walk. And this area is still evolving. This hotel was a real find.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank gregory_blum
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We loved our stay. We recently stayed here 2 nights and from check in to check out it was wonderful.

Very easy to get to and the hotel was positioned in a great place. Numerous restaurants, shopping opportunities and an IMAX theater within walking distance.

The bed was fantastic, which means, I slept the entire night without waking.

Breakfast was one of the better Holiday Inn Express breakfasts that we have had. Very clean and well stocked.

Everyone was so pleasant. Great job everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevator OR if you want a quiet room, ask for a room at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple