“Average”

Description: Old-fashioned American comfort food
Denton, Texas
“Average”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

The chicken fried steak was pretty good. The service was okay. She checked on us 3 times in 60 min. Would still recommend it to anyone.

Peoria, Illinois
“Homestyle food, good service”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was our first stop upon arriving in Colorado Springs. We were staying in Manitou Springs and the Mason Jar is just a couple miles from there. It was lunch time and we were hungry. My first impression is that it appeared similar to The Cracker Barrel and I would still agree with that, except the seating is not as cafeteria style as The Cracker Barrel. The food was just ok and so was the service. We were there about 1/2 hour after opening and our waitress didn't seem quite ready to be at work. They offered homemade cobbler on their menus - I couldn't pass that up, I'm always up for a good cobbler. We ordered it with a scoop of ice cream (cobbler for me, ice cream for hubby) and asked for 2 spoons - they were more than happy to oblige. All I can say is disappointment with the first bite....it may have been homemade, but was warmed in the microwave. I'm glad we tried the Mason Jar, but probably would not be a repeat visitor.

• Visited May 2014
San Antonio
“Our favorite stop every trip”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

When we head to Colorado we ALWAYS eat at the Mason Jar. It is always good. The owner is there and on top of things. The service is perfect and food is too. With all the places we want to go when we are there this is the only one we make sure and stop at multiple times.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank 5150leroy
Plano, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner @ Colorado Springs - Mason Jar”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We were advised by the guys at the visitor center The Mason Jar was a classic 'Mom 'n Pop' eatery. I think we agree. Although the appetizer was served on shredded red cabbage. A first for me. But it did act as a natural drain for any extra fry grease.
I had the fried chicken, good crunch and tasty. My wife had the soup 'n salad. Salad wasn't drained as a resut the dressing was instantly water logged. The soup, a local fav, left a lot to be desired. Heavy fat on the top of the soup. So it coated your palate and drowned out the remaining flavors.
The carrot cake was great!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank KaJBorg
Thomson, Georgia
“Rainbow trout”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

Good place to eat, prices were good and they were busy. We had the rainbow trout special which was very good. They also had great tasting appetizers. we ordered the sampler and all of it was excellent. My only dislike, restroom doors are greasy, table was greasy, but food was good and the actual restroom was clean. They has quilts on sale which were some of the best I have ever seen, one of a peacock the other was one with 3 crosses and a peace sign.

Visited June 2014