“Nice locally-owned restaurant (non-chain style) with good food”
Review of Mason Jar

Mason Jar
Ranked #44 of 1,615 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Old-fashioned American comfort food
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I remember eating at The Mason Jar when I was a kid and I'm glad to take my kids there now. It's a nice locally-owned restaurant, not part of a chain (not that that's a big deal, but if that's what you're looking for...). There's plenty of food and quite a variety at that. While the food is good the more memorable part is the eager and enthusiastic service and the down-home feeling of the restaurant itself. I'm not sure the decor has changed since when my parents took me there as a kid but that's actually part of the charm of this place. We don't make it to the Springs that much but when we do we make it a point to stop by The Mason Jar.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

The grilled trout was absolutely the best I've ever had. The strawberry shortcake was made with their homemade biscuits, we split one serving between us, too big for one, but what a treat. Salad was fresh, the stuffed pepper soup was great. Can't say enough good things, I wish we lived closer, so we could become regulars!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Friendly staff and good food. Everything was homemade and tasty. Limited menu but is has something for everyone. I would recommend a stop there for lunch or dinner

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We ate here two years ago, when they had their other location, we had to track this one down, clear down in Old Colorado City, I had coupons, so I figured it was worth it? Not really only 1/2 of one of the online coupons was actually honored after they rung up our bill. The online coupons are buy one entree get one of equal or lesser value for free, maximum of two coupons per visit (not honored/figured correctly). Otherwise the "homey" atmosphere was pleasant, and the service was excellent (except for screaming children). The chicken fried steaks tasted like they are made from frozen patties though, so I would not order that again. My son had chicken breasts and they looked good!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Well, the Mason Jar is a Colorado Springs tradition. The Menu has only slightly changed and the items they cook are quality. Seems they are short staffed from time to time. Staff is friendly, but there are some small issues that you can see if you arrive at the right time.