“Great comfort food”

Description: Old-fashioned American comfort food
Denver, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great comfort food”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great food, excellent service, and very reasonable prices. Large portions. Nice family restaurant. Very clean.

Visited April 2013

Osawatomie, Kansas
“Good Food, Fantastic Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Our party consisted of out-of-staters, local Springs people and a family from further north in CO. There were 6 children in our party 9 and under and 6 adults. They seated us quickly and got all of our orders straight. They were very accommodating of the younger children in the group and kept our glasses full. I appreciated not having a tv blaring at us or interfering with our precious time to connect with people we do not see frequently. We enjoyed all the different things we ordered and would definitely come back again.

• Visited December 2012
Centennial, Colorado
“Meh...”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We visited this restaurant on a recent weekend trip to Colorado Springs (we live in Denver). I was not impressed, for several reasons.

My son and I ordered an entree dish called "Teriyaki Chicken." It was around $13.50, and included two sides. My son ordered fries and rice, and I ordered a baked potato and a side salad. I was so overwhelmingly disappointed when they delivered our meals. It was basically plain chicken breast (and not a very generous portion, at that) with teriyaki sauce poured on it. It was not marinated, and had no real flavor. And my son's french fries were swimming in the teriyaki sauce. My baked potato was TINY, a bit on the dry side, with just a small dab of butter and sour cream. For $13.50 each, I expected MUCH MUCH better.

My daughter ordered the "House Salad", which is a garden salad topped with chicken breast. For $10, we expected a decent sized salad (similar to other restaurants where we've eaten...she loves salad and often orders entree salads). I was VERY disappointed at the size (just slightly larger then a decent sized dinner salad), and the quality. Just like the side salad my husband and I had ordered with our meals, the salad greens were soaking wet, and completely diluted the ranch dressing. Gross. I would highly encourage the owners to invest in a salad spinner. Wet salad is again, GROSS.

The restaurant does advertise "biscuits and cornbread", and we did receive a basket. One basket, and one basket only, which included four VERY small biscuits and three small pieces of cornbread.

We won't be going back.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank FriscoBarbie
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Can't Cook a Steak”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I ordered a steak medium well. The first time it came out it was cold and bloody, so I sent it back. The second time it was just really bloody but warmer. When I sent it back I told them to just go ahead and cook it to well done. Instead it was cooked poorly twice, so I told the waiter to take it back and leave it there. I just ate my sides, and then my glass of wine was free. I did still have to pay for the steak which I thought was pretty crazy. I paid, left, and won't return.

Visited February 2013
Pratt, KS
“Good family restaurant.”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Nice selection of family style meals, their $7.99 lunch special was more than enough to eat. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. They had an okay kids' menu, but not great. The kids' mac n cheese was a little "yucky" according to my five year old.

Visited March 2013