“Can't Cook a Steak”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Old-fashioned American comfort food
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I ordered a steak medium well. The first time it came out it was cold and bloody, so I sent it back. The second time it was just really bloody but warmer. When I sent it back I told them to just go ahead and cook it to well done. Instead it was cooked poorly twice, so I told the waiter to take it back and leave it there. I just ate my sides, and then my glass of wine was free. I did still have to pay for the steak which I thought was pretty crazy. I paid, left, and won't return.

There are newer reviews for Mason Jar

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Nice selection of family style meals, their $7.99 lunch special was more than enough to eat. Friendly staff and nice atmosphere. They had an okay kids' menu, but not great. The kids' mac n cheese was a little "yucky" according to my five year old.

Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Have been eating here occasionally for many years. The remodeled interior is very pretty. Home cooking american food. Decent meals but not great. Service was good. Had the trout with sides was marginal. Have not returned here.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great place to go for a down home cooked meal. Restaurant was neat and clean and staff members were friendly.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We decided to go out to dinner and went to the Mason Jar in Colorado Springs. Salad, biscuits, cornbread, sirloin steak, mashed potato, tomato slices were all excellent and very good tasting. I will return again for sure!