“Consistantly good”

Edelweiss Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: For over 40 years this family-owned German Restaurant on the south side of Colorado Springs has served over a million happy customers. The restaurant invites guests to dine in one of its several rooms decorated with artifacts from Europe. With strolling musicians on Friday and Saturday nights, three blazing fireplaces in winter, and an authentic "Biergarten" in summer, you are sure to enter into another world as a guest at Edelweiss.The authentic menu with a variety of Old World German dishes includes Schnitzel, Bratwurst, and Sauerbraten, with newer-age items such as Flammekuchen and Maultaschen. For those not so adventurous palates Edelweiss offers other Continental fare such as Chicken Cordon Bleu, Filet Tournedos, or Fresh Salmon Filet. Imported German Beers and Wines can be ordered to compliment any of the flavorful dishes. The European-trained Swiss Pastry Chef bakes all of the desserts from scratch, so save room for one of the rich Tortes or pastries, or take some to go.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I previously reviewed this place and was back for a return visit. The food is wonderful, the staff friendly and the experience memorable

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I had wanted to try this place for ages and never had a chance to until a week ago. What a fantastic place! I had a great meal, with perhaps one of the best salads I have ever tasted. More than enough food, and the place has tons of coupons available so you don't need to pay full price. The food was fresh, and the service solid too. Nice casual place to take friends, family or even guests. My guests wine was wonderful, but quite small for the price, my only issue with the place. Will definitely return in the future!!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

My husband and I have dined at Edelwiess three times this year...making the 2 hour-drive from our home in rural Colorado. I spent summers in Germany and Austria during my early 20's and I am totally impressed with the food, service, desserts and Gemuetlichkeit at Edelweiss! This large restaurant offers outdoor seating (seasonally), a large main dining room and a couple other cozy dining areas all decorated with traditional German decor. The wait staff we've had are all native German speakers. The menu is authentic German fare and the variety offers delights for every taste...no one leaves hungry from Edelweiss. There is ample free parking. It's like a trip back to Germany....

Reviewed September 25, 2012

When you walk into the Biergarten, it actually looks like your stepping into one in Germany - the ambiance is amazing. The food that I had was just alright. I had a Reuben and I was rather disappointed. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. My husband had spaetzle and it was probably the worst I've ever had. It was mashed and not good. They're summer salad, however, was AMAZING.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I am visiting Colorado Springs and decided to try this restaurant. I have been to Germany a few times and really like the cuisine. I was not disappointed. And I was a bit ambitious when ordering. To begin with I began with a German draught beer and an appetizer from the Alsace region. It was a flat bread and was delicious. But I didn't realize that a salad was part of my entree. That was scrumptious. As a result I boxed half of my appetizer. My entree was Goulash and it was thouroughly enjoyable. The beef was sooo tender. After the meal I asked for a coffee and an after dinner drink and my waiter suggested something I wasn't familiar with. It was a heated German brandy with coffee and whipped cream. What a great ending to a terrific meal. Everything was great. The ambience of the restaurant, the service, and of course the meal itself. Highly recomended.