“Amandas makes decent Mex”
Review of Amanda's Fonda

Amanda's Fonda
Ranked #219 of 1,431 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amandas makes decent Mex”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We eat here probably 6 times a year and have always been satisfied. We always eat on the patio and enjoy people watching. The food is good, not great. the staff are good, not great and it's just as fun to watch the staff talk about each other, their latest escapades and the customers as it is anything else. It's a comfortable place to get good Mex and you won't be disappointed as long as you don't anticipate this being the BROADMOOR.

“Best Mexican in town!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Amanda's Fonda is my favorite Mexican restaurant. They have two locations, one on E. Colorado and the new on on North Academy near I - 25. You will enjoy the chips and salsa and the great Margaritas. I have enjoyed many of their menu items and all are delicious. Enjoy!

USA
“Flavorful and Fun”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Both Amanda's Fonda locations are great for Mexican flavor. I do like the new location, it's very modern and nicely decorated. However, the older location in Manitou Springs is my favorite simply because of the atmosphere and authentic feel.

The burritos are large, so come with an appetite. The service was fast and friendly. Start grinding on your salsa and chips quick, your order will be out in a few minutes. I will definitely go back again, I've grown kinda 'fonda' this place.

• Visited July 2013
“Great food!”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We ate their while staying nearby for a family reunion. Many of us had a meal there and all were very pleased with the food. They serve excellent mexican food and super margarita. The patio dining along the creek is the palce to be during warm evenings. Well worth the trip.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Really wanted to love this place.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had heard excellent reviews of this restaurant. When a second one opened down the street from us we were very excited to go. I was not impressed with the menu because it tasted bland. I thought it may have just been what I ordered, but my wife's platter was the same and a friend had a similar experience. I will give it a second chance in a few months.

Visited April 2013