“Excellent Pizza”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Excellent Pizza”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

This was recommended by the motel staff that we stayed at. It was excellent pizza. We always order the thin crust and this was so thin and crispy, it has got to be the best thin crust I have ever had. While waiting for it to be delivered, I got a call from the restaurant who said our order was going to be a little late and that he wanted to include a free desert, which was cheese cake and also very good.

• Visited August 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Poor management”
Reviewed August 29, 2014

Had dinner at the Fountain location a couple months ago. Pizza was not made correctly and we were offered a free pizza upon return..."just give us your phone number - no problem". Just called to order our free pizza and they wouldn't honor it - couldn't find it. They made their lack of execution our problem. Not the best way to run a business and a very poor business practice. We won't be going back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank John K
Fargo, North Dakota
“Great concept - poor execution”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have eaten at Borriello Brothers a couple of times in the past several months. Each time I was pleased with the calzones and grinders I ordered so last Sunday I decided to have them deliver a pizza. The delivery person arrived soon after we placed our order, so we were pleased; however, the pizza wasn't cooked properly. It had been removed from the oven too soon resulting in half cooked dough that wouldn't even hold its form when I attempted to fold my New York style slice. The ingredients fell through the half baked crust and landed on the bottom of the box.

I will likely give them another try because I hope this was just a one time mistake. Just ensure that you check your pizza if you order a carry out or delivery.

• Visited August 2014
Colorado Springs
“New York-style pizza just east of Acacia Park downtown”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We have enjoyed Borriello Brothers pizza at home (by delivery and carry out), but never eaten in. We ate on a Sunday right at opening in the restaurant that is near the General Palmer equestrian statue by Palmer High School. The dining room is surprisingly airy and amply decorated in a New York theme. (The pizza is advertised as New York style but never having had pizza in New York, I couldn't say for sure.) The staff was pleasant and every attentive. The half house salad of Romaine lettuce, Roma tomatoes, carrots and red onions is served on a good-sized oval plate along with three golf-ball sized garlic knots (looks just like the online menu photograph). WARNING: do NOT order the 18" The Clemente unless you are very hungry. Truly, every square inch of this pizza is covered with at least one of the four meats pepperoni, sausage, ham, and Italian meatballs. (The Clemente makes the chain "meat-lover" pizzas look like veggie pizzas in comparison. Again, the online menu photograph is dead-on accurate.) Heroes, calzones, and gluten-free items are available. Self-serve 16-ounce fountain drinks are Pepsi and Gatorade with Lipton unsweetened and sweet tea and pomegranate teas nearby. The extensive dessert menu was untouched on this trip but we intend to sample next time around.

• Visited July 2014
“Staff is negligent”
Reviewed July 10, 2014

I asked the staff for a allergy menu,apparently they don't have one,so I asked for the pizza crust ingredients, she tells me, sorry we threw the box away. I ask for the manager, explain my son is allergic to rice and soy and he says oh we don't have either of those in it, but I believe it's processed in a plant that contains soy, but none in the dough. Thankfully I didn't listen to his nonsense and after much searching I found the ingredients for the dough online, which definitely contain soy. Thanks for trying to kill my son, will never return!

• Visited March 2014