“Thanksgiving at Ted's Montana Grill (for two grandparents)”

Ted's Montana Grill
Ranked #40 of 1,584 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We had been here, but my souse craved turkey and dressing, and me something else. Our wait person, Michelle was a star like personality, who let her hair down in a festive holiday mood, when she sensed we were receptive to her. My "dirty martini" wasn't too remarkable, but my spouse's Johnnie Walker Red pleased and lasted through the meal. It was "large" and by our standards expensive, but, after all it was a holiday. The CEASER SALAD was light, cool and perfect - no dressing out of a bottle this !!!! I ordered the 14oz. Rib Eye, medium. IT IS/WAS THE BEST RESTARAUNT STEAK I HAVE HAD IN 23 YEARS IN THIS CITY OR ANYWHERE ELSE.!!!! It was just right in thickness, just pink in the middle, seared to seal the sides obviously in a grill that had been well-and carefully watched. But the flavor and texture were to my jaded chops beyond belief they were sOOOOO notable. Seriously I "do" steaks at home, and I am a good cook. But, this meat of that quality would put every other "meat" in this town out of business. I just hope not toooooo many people hear about this. The apple crisp dab was tasty,but not "crisp". I tried to tell the local manager but he was so busy. The "ambiente" and the quality of the serving folks was really over the too, as well. They exhueded bonhommie that was genuine, festive and not "put on". Our lady, Michelle deserved 100 X the $10.00 tip my spouse gave her. Oh, by the way: wine by the glass at $6.00 ( cabernet ) was also many cuts above the usual house wine-by-the glass. Let me tell you, if this combination of food,service and atmosphere cannot "make it" in a very competitive market then NO ONE CAN, and we'll all be in the Gulags. Vin Lincoln has got this pegged!!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Having been going to Ted's at other locations for years, this like the rest has some great food. Couple little things I noticed; being a first timer there, told the bartender, because I usually grab a seat there, that it was indeed my first time in the local spot. Noticed the manager was floating around and engaging with what seemed to be a familiar patron sitting right next to me, by a seat or two. Being we were the only people in the place would have been a good thing to reciprocate with the information given to the bartender, because I'm quite certain he heard it, yet had little time to even acknowledge a long time customer yet "new local" face and establish that relationship. Thought it would have been a very easy thing to do being privileged to my introduction. The kitchen played a little catch up on some items like the rolls, and the "bison pot roast" portion seemed small to other places where I have had the same. But overall great taste, and god care by the bartender, thanks.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Excellent pub fare at a decent price. Once we were finally seated our server was attentive and helpful, food was excellent. Bison Filet is pricey, even for a small. So instead I had the Bison Berger w/o the bread in order to minimize the carbs. Ok, I'm picky, but they humored me, delivered great food with what seemed like a sincere smile! ;-)

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Well this was my first time to Colorado Springs and I was looking for a steakhouse and I actually thought this would be something along the lines of Outback or Texas roadhouse but so glad it wasnt because I hate their steaks. I was expecting a redneck establishment when I walked in but was pleasantly surprised when I saw everyone was dressed up. Great atmosphere for Colorado Springs and the food was top notch also. My first time having bison and I was pretty impressed, especially for the prices. Really nothing to complain about and I will say that a server named ADAM saw my friend needed something and even though he was not waiting on the table he made it right for us right away. Very impressive service and loved the bread and cucumbers! I would def recommend this and wont hesitate to go back when im looking for a cheap steakhouse that doesnt compromise the quality of food.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

First time I have ever had a bison ribeye steak and wow it was excellant! The steak was juicy, tender and very tasty. The meal was plenty to share unless you are really hunger. My only disappointment is that we do not have a Ted's in San Diego.....