“Best steak!”

Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Best steak!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very few places carry bison steak and this place is certainly one of them! From the crispy, salted cucumber appetizer to the squash casserole and the bison ribeye, this meal was delightful! The steak was flavorful and cooked to perfection. The only thing wrong with the squash casserole was there wasn't more of it! The server was so friendly and helpful, as we had my 15 month old granddaughter with us. The only thing I would change would be that the gorgeous view is blocked by the bar. This view is quite phenomenal and it would be such a better dining experience to be able to see it. But again, the food was spot on!

• Visited July 2013

Pasadena
“Outstanding Service”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were misinformed when we call the restaurant regarding our party of 11 adults and children. Knowing that this was a large party and it would be a Friday night, we were told that Ted's did not take reservations. We specifically asked if they wanted prior warning of our arrival and the gentleman on the phone said "no, we are a large restaurant". OK....So upon our arrival we were asked by the hostess why we hadn't called 45 minutes prior to arrival to inform them of our large party---WHAT?! We were not happy as we had called 2 nights before trying to find out if that was what we needed to do. After some heated discussion, Olivia the manager saw to it that we were seated outside until an area could be prepared for our large party. Once inside at our table, our server, Cain, was OUTSTANDING! I appreciated Olivia taking responsibility for her staff misinforming us and seeing that we were taken care of. Thank you so very much.
Now for the food, They were out of prime rib-really? OK, the waiter suggested the rib eye the next closest cut. It was cooked to perfection. The cedar plank salmon was delicious. While I was I was surprised at how smokey it was (cedar plank-DUH!) the horseradish sauce that they serve with it totally mellowed it out, it was outstanding! The side dishes were yummy as well. Loved the garlic mashed potatoes. We split an order of the buffalo chilli nachos as an appetizer and they rocked!

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Starting out....but never got better.”
Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We walked in to the sight of a waitress with her back to us. I greeted her and she did not bother to even turn around or answer me. Nevertheless, we persevered and sat down. I ordered a pineapple juice which arrived as a glass filled to the brim with ice and some juice. Let's see if it gets better...

Now I have a salad with lettuce past its prime and heavily watered down dressing.

My Avalon burger was OK, cooked a bit past
The medium rare I ordered, but definitely not worth the price.

Not recommended. Ever.

Wichita, Kansas
“Overpriced, terrible service”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

After a day in the mountains my family and I stopped in here for dinner because our hotel was just across the street. We had the intent of having steak, but after being pushed to order, we quickly settled on burgers instead. Our tea was never refilled until our order was brought out, and even then only one refill was offered.

The server was extremely rude and snobby, and kept trying to remove our plates while we were still eating. She reached over my husband and I while we were eating to remove dirty plates. Others eating around us, she was doing the same thing to, even trying to bring them to go boxes while they were still eating. The whole ordeal was very uncomfortable with the server due to her terrible attitude,

We won't ever go back to this overpriced, uppity chain restaurant. This was by far our worst dining experience ever anywhere.

1 Thank cat85lady
“Nice! (but....)”
Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

Always love Ted's. Salads are great, fish sandwich perfect, burgers yummy. Their home fried potatoes are just ok, and the prime rib was very tender but lacking in flavor. But overall you can't go wrong at Ted's!