“Délicieusement savoureux!!!”

Uchenna
Ranked #16 of 1,447 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Uchenna is closed on Monday.Open Tuesday-Friday lunch 11:30am to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Honoured to welcome you.Peace and Blessings
Quebec City, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Délicieusement savoureux!!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

It was the best food i have ever tried. I have been there in 2013..somewhere in july i think.
That was my first experience in a Ethiopian restaurant and I've been really surprise how good it was. I'm used to eat Indian food which is very spiced and flavorful, but Ethiopian touch my stomach soul right on the good spot.
Good service, delicious food, excellent service, the spirituality of the owner..you can feel the power of this woman and all the kindness she has.
As a vegetarian i was the right spot to go. The rose limonade or i think it was orange tea limonade or something like it was delicious too
Ethiopian food and the spirit is the best to connect with people.
I've been there because one of my friend bring me there and then on my turn i bring one of my friend.
I was in town these two times for work and if i have the opportunity to go to work over there again i will stop by for sure!
Et le meuilleur c'est qu'on peut se faire servir en francais!
J'ai été étonné d'entedre la propriétaire parler au téléphone en francais, moi qui viens du Québec j'ai aussitôt engager la conversation avec madame, quelle charmante personne avec un coeur pure et une spiritualité envoutante. Si je passe encore dans le coin j'arrêterai c'est sur!!!
Longue vie au restaurant et continuez vos bon plats madame!

Love it!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mathieu M

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Don't believe the hype”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went there for lunch after seeing all the great reviews. Tried both lamb dishes and they were fine. Nothing impressive, but decent food. Atmosphere was mediocre. Only two other groups were in the restaurant and the decor is nothing to brag about. Maya and the one server were nice enough but extremely quiet and difficult to hear. Overpriced for lunch $15/pp. Won't be back anytime soon.

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank cmariebechtel
Niceville, Florida
“Truly a wonderful evening”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

It's difficult to accurately rate Uchenna because my words probably won't be able to fully describe the unique and wonderful experience. The food is incredible, the atmosphere is wonderful, and Chef Maya is the most sweet and genuine person I've ever met. Trying not to sound cliché, there seems to be an immediate sense of peace upon stepping inside, and it just gets better. We shared several entries, and each was amazing and nicely presented (you'll also receive a lesson in how to eat Ethiopian food). Even the tea, lemonade, and coffee were wonderful -- the subtle difference in flavor was the added "love" according to Maya. Between our two visits (in three days), we also managed to try every dessert -- wow! Lastly, you will be treated like you're the center of the universe -- I wish all restaurant owners would make me feel as special as Maya did.

• Visited August 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“First time to try Ethiopian cuisine”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This is while we were on vacation. This was my first experience at an Ethiopian cuisine restaurant. The staff was fantastic, the food was great. I love how they brought out samples of their teas, I wished all restaurants would do this! A small place, but not crowded. It was a little warm inside the day we visited. There was a circulating fan on to help, it was actually cooler outside than it was inside. I would definitely eat here again!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You will leave feeling blessed!”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

First of all, let's get past the "I've never eaten Ethiopian food before" thing. Ingredients like chicken, beef, lamb, shrimp, various vegetables, lentils, and chickpeas are featured in Uchenna's dishes. Come try the food, the desert, and the unique Ethiopian coffee. If all you do is eat this wonderful food, you will be delightfully amazed. However, the food accounted for only a small portion of what made our Uchenna experience remarkable!

From the moment we entered this uniquely Ethiopian-themed restaurant, we felt as if we were being welcomed into an old friend's home. The hospitality is not of the contrived or forced variety that you find at other good restaurants. The genuineness of Maya's (the owner) and her staff's approach to customer service is second to none. During our entire experience, it felt as if we Maya was focused on making us feel welcomed and loved. This treatment did not come at the expense of the meal. Her staff's care for us is best described as being above and beyond what you would expect from a lifelong friend/mother/grandmother!

By the end of our meal, everyone in our party felt so connected to Maya that we insisted on snapping a group photo with her to help us remember what will quite possibly be the best restaurant experience of our lives.

We were just visiting Colorado Springs and happened upon this place because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. Rest assured, though, that if we are ever in this area again, eating at Uchenna will be a top priority.

Be willing to get out of your comfort zone to try this restaurant, and you will be richly blessed.

Maya, if you're reading this, we look forward to the day when we see one another again.