“A different experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Uchenna

Uchenna
Ranked #12 of 1,412 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Uchenna is closed on Monday.Open Tuesday-Friday lunch 11:30am to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Honoured to welcome you.Peace and Blessings
New Jersey
“A different experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Stopped by for lunch. The owner was very nice. She talked a little about Ethiopian culture and showed me how to eat the meal the way they would in Ethiopia. The restaurant had many items on the walls which were interesting to look at. The meal was very good, meat had solid flavor but for never having Ethiopian food, I was surprised the dish wasn't more spicy (I asked for it hot when given option). I definitely recommend going and if I'm on the Colorado Springs area again, Uchenna will be one of the places I go.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank seahawk3133

“Ahhhmazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

We took out of town guests to Uchenna for a week day lunch. The food was so good we went home and researched Ethiopian cuisine. The teas are delicate and delicious. The lentils are spicy and the lamb is out of this world. The owner helped us navigate the meal using our fingers and bread as utencils. An experience in itself!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank sushgrl
“Uchenna--a must do!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

We had friends in town from Santa Fe and we went to Uchenna for dinner one evening. The food was delicious and the owner is a lovely woman named Maya. What a treat! We will be back!!

• Visited April 2014
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

This was the best experience! We loved the food and the owner was so dear to my family. It's a small restaurant but they made room for us and we felt like family. It was such authentic food and we got a great detailed story of how she make Teff bread. Very sad I probably won't eat here again because it was a vacation. Definitely make it a stop if you are in Colorado Springs.

• Visited July 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Lucky to have her here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Truly a delight! Maybe that's all I need to say! The owner is a gem and the food is delicious. I would like to keep it a "local's secret" but it's too good to hide!

• Visited February 2014