“Made All Of Us Sick”

Uchenna
Ranked #18 of 1,472 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Uchenna is closed on Monday.Open Tuesday-Friday lunch 11:30am to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Honoured to welcome you.Peace and Blessings
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Disgusting weird creepy those are 3 words to explain it. The lady weirded me out and scared us all. The next morning we all had the runns. Even if you have been other places in the world it still is gross and will scare children away. Even the menu just sound disturbing when you read the details.

harrar u, Owner at Uchenna, responded to this reviewResponded December 25, 2013

Hello dearest customer,
We wish you a blessed, peaceful and joyful, Christmas to you and your family. May God bless you and your family with peace, love and health for 2014 and beyond.

We are deeply sorry to hear that you have been sick. However we don't know how that happened since on the date you mention you have come to our restaurant we were closed. It is dishonest, unkind and defamation of character to write such a review of a place you have not been to. We will do our best to find out what made you sick if in fact you have been to our restaurant. We are also sorry to read your description of our menu and our people. We can't be weird if we have tens and ten of outstanding recommendation from around the world unless, Ethiopian people are weird to you. We are the cradle of humanity with thousands years of culture and civilization. We are simply beautiful, God loving, hard workers, with the highest ethics and morale, distinctly honest, respectful and trustworthy.

We are hard working family who, every single day walk up with prayers and the spirit of "do unto other what you want to be done for you" and with that in our heart we make it our duty to work in the cleanest kitchen you will ever find, with employees and family washing hands and everything on our way, in fact you can eat on the floor of our kitchen that is how much we care about our customers and family member since we eat what we serve our customers. Children who are difficult to eat leak their plates and ask for more.

As for our menu, our services, customers from all states and around the world not only complement us when they visit but they send us good wish cards of encouragement and gratitude for our outstanding food and menu. It is in Ethiopian culture to welcome a guest into our home, work place or restaurant with the utmost respect and honour them. In the four years we have been serving our customers this is the first time we read that we scare and chase out customers. Even if you were the worst customer, due to our civilized culture, we would have bowed down and made the greatest effort to make your visit happy.

We are positive that you will be honourable to tell the truth rather than wanting to heart our good reputation for reasons that are not yet clear to us but we will make our obligation to find out your reasons the most honest way we know how. Whatever your reason to write such untrue and unfounded review is beyond a human understanding.

We hope to hear from you and wish to welcome you with an open invitation to our home-restaurant any day and time at your convenience.

Peace, love and blessings
Chef Maya

Reviewed November 27, 2013

If you like something a little different, this place is for you. Maya is a lovely woman and she will do what ever she can to make sure you have a good meal and a good experience. The food is wholesome and flavorful and interesting. The drinks that she offers you are very nice. I particularly like the Rose. The vegetarian dishes are very appealing and I like the chicken . The Injura ? The Ethiopian bread is really nice.
Give it a try. It is not your American Fast food so if that is what you are looking for go down the street.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

First time eating Ethiopian food, It was very good...I think one of the best things about the restaurant is the owner makes every plate as if cooking for their children or her husband. She comes out and visits the customers making you feel very comfortable.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Never tried Ethopian food before - or Mediterranean as well - I found the food tasty - the service was fantastic and best of all the price of the meal was very low - the owner came by my table to make sure everything was fine - it was - enjoyed the veggie and meat combination and liked the sourdough bread - perfection.

2  Thank Utravelwithme
Reviewed November 20, 2013

My wife and I were just wandering by when we came across this restaurant. We stopped to eat for lunch and the food was wonderful and the service was even better. Maya and her staff were terrific. They were very attentive, kind, and diligent. Aside from the server who was on top of his job, Maya personally came to our table several times to make sure that we were taken care of. The rose lemonade was wonderful, and the meals that we had were delicious. The portion sizes were great and the flavors were rich and unique. I'm not entirely sure where these negative reviews come from. Sounds to me like the people above must have some sort of bitterness within their hearts. You can tell the food was prepared with love and that Maya takes great pride in her establishment. Is this a modest restaurant? Yes. But I've been to 5 star establishments that can't hold a candle to Uchenna's food and very attentive service. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone. If I could write any more vehemently to offset the negative reviews I would. So I encourage anyone and everyone to dine at Uchenna and share your positive experience so that the few sour people above won't deter people from patronizing this wonderful place.

2  Thank focusfuturesinc
harrar u, Owner at Uchenna, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Please accept our deepest and sincere gratitude for your kind words. To have you in our tiny restaurant was to have you in my home and in my heart.

As we work hard to make your visit joyful, the food you eat healthy and comforting, we also strive to make it the best experience to all those who cross our path in this tiny place we call home-dining.

We take this opportunity to welcome you to Ethiopia in beautiful Colorado and to thank you for supporting us and for standing by us, it means the world to me, my family and my helpers who are part of our family when they join Uchenna.
Love, peace and blessings.
Maya