“A wonderful new restaurant experience!”
Review of Uchenna

Uchenna
Ranked #14 of 1,431 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Uchenna is closed on Monday.Open Tuesday-Friday lunch 11:30am to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Honoured to welcome you.Peace and Blessings
Seattle, Washington
“A wonderful new restaurant experience!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

While visiting Colorado Springs we were directed to this Ethiopian restaurant by a local. I had never had this type of ethnic food, but it did taste very much like the food we had experienced in Israel last year. We went with the suggestions of the waitress after a discussion about our likes and dislikes about meat and vegetables. The dishes that were delivered were wonderfully aromatic and delicious. The bread is very tasty and has a unique texture. We will be back on our next trip to the Springs.

• Visited April 2013

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“This tiny restaurant packs a BIG punch!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

And by BIG punch.. I mean absolutely delicious food!

My wife and I stopped in here shortly after our move to Colorado Springs - based off of its online reviews we said, "Why not?"

Well, this is probably the best "Why not?" decision we've made for any restaurant.

We ordered the beef tip meal for two with bread, two vegetables, and lentils. The food is flavorful, homemade, cooked to order and worth any waiting you may have to endure.

When we went, there were two large tables and the waiters (only two) we're extremely busy running plates, taking orders, etc. While it did take us a while to get our food, it was WORTH IT! I could never say that about any other restaurant, period.

The beef is cooked in a myriad of spices.. at least 10 according to the menu. The end result is something that is tender, succulent, and pure joy for the tastebuds! The vegetables are equally as good - it was some sort of green beans, onions, potato, etc. The lentils are excellent as well, and have just enough garlic cooked into them to not be overpowering!

All entrees come with bread.. and this was the confusing part - we weren't given any silverware! We were told to eat with our hands by wrapping the food! Definitely a shock, but they brought silverware when we requested it.

After the great meal, I had to follow it up with desert - it was a sort of baklava, drizzled with chocolate and very obviously homeade (like everything else) - delicious!

The owner/chef came out to apologize because we had waited slightly longer than normal for our meal - I can definitelysay she is a very sweet lady. Very modest, though she has an EXCELLENT business!

I mentioned that we would definitely be coming back, and that next time I would try the French chocolate cake - while we were waiting for our check she came out of the back with a to-go box with a handwritten note on top for my wife and I - it said, "Enjoy by sharing - NO FIGHTS! Peace and love." I tried to give it back telling her that she didn't need to, and she looked at us, clasped her hands together and prayer, and said, "I give everything willingly and with love - please enjoy."

That, my friends, is how you run a good business - and earn repeat customers. We can't wait to go back!

Castle Rock, Colorado
“Super food and service - plus good value”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We really enjoyed the Ethiopian menu items at Uchenna. As world travelers we love different ethnic foods and this was our first experience with this region. Note that If you are looking for ambiance, this isn't the place for you, but if you are looking for really great food, sit down and enjoy. The portions were also generous and we got help in how to eat it properly from the the chef. This is a small family place, in a strip mall like storefront that I would strongly recommend you visit.

Chicago, Illinois
“My taste buds didn't want to leave the building”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

The extensive menu will have something for any culinary mood you may be in. The service was exceptional. My taste buds sang for hours after the meal in a good way. The Ethiopian coffee was mellow. If in the area this is a must, your taste buds will thank you.

Waxahachie, Texas, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“As good as you'll find anywhere”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant is every bit as good as African food I've had in Africa. Very friendly and inviting atmosphere. Definitely a place you should try. As unique as it is delicious.

Visited November 2012