“Amazing service and food”
Review of Uchenna

Uchenna
Ranked #20 of 1,478 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Uchenna is closed on Monday.Open Tuesday-Friday lunch 11:30am to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Honoured to welcome you.Peace and Blessings
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We decided to try this restaurant after reading the reviews. We found the experience to be exceptional. I was nervous about ethiopian good, however they also have Mediterranean fare on the menu. The service and food were wonderful - highly recommend!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The location of the restaurant is charming and genius. There is a lot of foot traffic. The overall feel to the place was like being at someones home and the food was the same. The rosewater lemonade was ok, not a "wow." OVERALL, it was clean, food was delicious, nice location, and worth returning. They forgot we had dessert and almost forgot us. DEFINITELY go for the experience.

2  Thank Nubian_J
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a great place to eat and explore different flavors and ways to eat. Not like any other place I've been. The food is wonderful and clearly prepared with lots of love. One of my favorite restaurants in town!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is totally a gem in Colorado Springs.... tiny place but the warmth with what Maya (the owner) served us food was outstanding.... the food was delicious, I've never had a better Ethiopian food in my life! Everything we tasted here right from the rosewater lemonade to the Alecha was great & couldn't have been better....

There are very few things & places that remains with you for a long time & this sure is going to stay with me for a while. An absolute MUST GO!

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We've come to rely on TripAdvisor reviews to find the neat, interesting, and good places to eat when traveling. Again, we were not disappointed.

My wife is not an adventurous eater, so when I said "you want to have Ethiopian tonight?", I got "the look". First off, when the owner and cook greets you and seats you, you know you're in for something special. You're not at a restaurant, you're a guest in someone's house (who happens to live in a strip mall. Go figure! LOL!).

We were lucky enough to get a seat since its a small place and many people had reservations and a few late commers were not willing to wait for a seat. Menu was limited and very new to each of us. So, we went with a couple of the beef dishes. The owner was nice enough to bring the dishes to us, after cooking them and then give us a lesson in eating without utensils! Very interesting experience. When my wife took the first bite, she smiled and was hooked! We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and left with very clean plates! Then Maya's daughter enticed us into a piece of a gluten free chocolate cake. WOW! My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

If you're up for a new experience, great atmosphere, and wonderful food we both highly recommend a stop by Uchenna. Definitely a highlight of our eating experiences in Colorado.

1  Thank sporteus