“Uchenna Ethiopian Food - Healthy Fare and Heartfelt Service”
Review of Uchenna

Uchenna
Ranked #16 of 1,430 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Uchenna is closed on Monday.Open Tuesday-Friday lunch 11:30am to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Honoured to welcome you.Peace and Blessings
Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Uchenna Ethiopian Food - Healthy Fare and Heartfelt Service”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The absolutely amazing blend of yummy spices and super fresh ingredients would have me coming here again and again all by themselves, but the owner, Maya, is what makes this restaurant extra special. She is all heart, and her love of cooking and of people is apparent in every bite.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Catherine B

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Absolutely wonderful! Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Decided to try this place on a Sunday night in the springs. It was great! Took our 2 year old Mason and he loved the food. So did my husband, and he's a really picky eater! Almost left, because it's in a strange location, and we didn't recognize ANY of the food. (And it was really busy) But so glad we stayed. Had the lamb dish and the chicken pita, we both wanted to lick the plates! The orange tea is also really good. Took a bit long to get the food, but Maya does it all! Takes orders, cooks all the food, delivers it, everything. She even send us home with some baklava to go since it took a while. She was the nicest person I have met in YEARS. It is worth coming to eat simply for the love you get from her. =) Thank you Maya, we will return soon!

• Visited March 2013
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Real, healthy, delicious food, and the best hostess, Chef Maya”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The title says it all. Chef Maya, who served us, has to be the sweetest person on the face of the earth! She was extremely busy the night we went, so busy that I wanted to get up and help her, but she always had a smile and was very attentive and desirous to please. Furthermore, I almost never eat out because of my very high standards on my food sources, but I felt comfortable feasting at Uchenna!

• Visited October 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Amazing food and a gracious hostess.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

What a nice experience to visit this restaurant and enjoy the food. We ate lunch there today and loved Maya the hostess. We tried the vegetarian sampler and the meat and vegetable sampler and the food was wonderful. Her warmth and graciousness was a treat. I have found my new favorite restaurant and will return often.

• Visited March 2013
“A definite keeper”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Now, after experiencing the food here, my friends and I understand how it is #1 in the springs. We love food from all cultures and Uchenna has us smitten. There is no hidden agenda in their ingredients other than making wholesome and delicious food. And the service! Nothing but love and I wish all places and people displayed love like we received it at Uchenna <3