“Authentic and wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Uchenna

Uchenna
Ranked #12 of 1,412 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Uchenna is closed on Monday.Open Tuesday-Friday lunch 11:30am to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Saturdays and Sundays 12:00pm to 2:00pm dinner 5:00pm to 08:00pm Honoured to welcome you.Peace and Blessings
Colorado City, Texas
“Authentic and wonderful food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

I regularly keep my eye out for Ethiopian restaurants and have not actually visited one in many years. Located in Old Colorado City, we attempted to dine here on Monday and found it closed, as are many restaurants on Mondays in this locale. I am SO GLAD we went back Tuesday. Maya, the owner, server, chef, and probably all else at Uchenna, is authentic in her service, smile, and amazing, authentic Ethiopian and Mediterranean foods. Taught by her Grandmother to cook as though she is making love, Maya creates a sensual, mouth-watering meal and presents a loving, caring environment. My husband had never eaten Ethiopian food, and he LOVED it. Maya probably ruined us for other Ethiopian restaurants in the future. She and her food are just that good. She even hugged and kissed me when I left. A treasure of a find.....

Denver, Colorado, United States
“So Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a wonderful experience eating in Maya's restaurant this weekend. My son is gluten free and we didn't need to worry about a single thing he ate! My husband hasn't had ethiopian food and loved every bite. Maya made the experience even more special. We will return everytime we're in the Springs:)

Shalimar, Florida
“Exceptional Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

The food was wonderful and the service provided by the owner, Maya, was very prompt, polite and personalized. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the meal and the explanations of Ethiopia and Ethiopian cuisine provided by Maya. We will definitely return!

Aliso Viejo, California
“Love it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Maya is so wonderful. It is a delight to go eat at her restaurant just her wonderful, delicious food. We've been 3 times and would highly recommend it for a relaxing evening out.

• Visited July 2012
“Best Ethiopian food ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

The food was amazing, the service was even better! Having been to about 10 different Ethiopian Restaurants this was by far my Favorite. This was definitely my top restaurant experience I've had all year! By eating here I realized that the staff really cares about their food and their customers!