“Great little greasy spoon”

Cy's Drive-In Restaurant
Ranked #687 of 1,432 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great little greasy spoon”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Decided to try something different and was immensely pleased with our choice. We haven't had great burgers like these in years! Staff was friendly and efficient even though they were cleaning up and getting ready to close for the night. Buffalo fries are excellent and the milkshakes and malts are superb. Haven't had grilled burger buns in a long time so that was very cool. Not the healthiest place to eat but you only live once, and this is definitely worth the plunge. Two thumbs up from all three teenage boys, too.

• Visited September 2012

CT
“Great burgers”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Went recently for burgers based on son's recommendation. So happy we listened to him. Went inside to order and ate inside. Fun, little, old place with lots of Elvis memorabilia. Nothing fancy about it. Burgers and fries were really good. Everything came as ordered which was no small feat, given the the various requests made by the four of us. We had everything ranging from no pickles, to no ketchup, to guacamole added. Perfect lunch stop!

• Visited August 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Worst Service Ever”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Me and my husband came here and decided to try out the philly cheese steak sandwich. We got our orders, got into our car, and checked our sandwiches to make sure they didn't put onions on mine. When we opened them up, we were extremely disappointed. We were served a 6in, right out of the box white roll. In between the sliced roll was 3 slices of roast beed, topped off with melted provolone cheese. My husband had a few out of the bag sauteed onions and peppers. The sandwich was $3.99 plus tax, definitely not worth the price.

So we figured we might as well get our money back and go somewhere else. My husband goes up to the window to ask for his money back because he was dissatisfied. All of a sudden, the owner of the place comes out of no where and starts demanding why my husband is returning our food. My husband said that the bun was cold, and things didn't taste right and that it wasn't worth the price. The owner, tall and grey haired, starts yelling and cursing at my husband because he wants his money back. So I get out of the car to see what is going on. The owner says he can make us a new one but we just wanted our money back. So he calls us liers, among other names... Then he tells us that we better hurry up and get off his property before he calls the cops or takes care of us himself. So we decide to call the police.

Remember, this is over $8.00 and some tax for both of our sandwiches. Then the owner starts going around to customers and his employees and tells them the story over and over again as if we just tried to kill his family. Then he comes back up to us smiling and threatening us, calling us more names and liers. I ask him how old he is because he seemed too old to be yelling at us like that, he says 50. Now to let you know me and my husband are only in our 20s. The owner starts telling us how he doesn't need our business and our kind of people at his restaurant and how he's sold oh so many philly cheese steaks for the day. My husband is still on the phone trying to contact the right people to handle the situation since it wasn't an emergency. Finally the guy pulls out his wallet and counts 8 dollars and hands it to us. Once again calling us liers, among other nasty nasty names.

I have never in my life dealt with such stupidity. 50 year old man acting like a 12 year old. The food here isn't all that, the ice cream you can get better at dairy queen, and if you ever ask for your money back, expect to be attacked immediately. If the guy didn't need our business, why was he so upset about giving us $8.00 back? We didn't even ask for the tax. Worst service I have ever had in my life. Go to BJ's Velvet Freeze instead. They are the same exact thing except they have better food, and waaay better service.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank jenny r
Manitou Springs, Colorado
“High quality beef and great service.”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

I hadn't been to Cy's in a couple years and figured it was time to drop on in. While there is curb-side service (just leave your lights on) I chose to head on in and take a look around. The small dining room leaves the impression of a 50's diner but the young and attentive staff look quite the contrary to beehive's and up-do's! I was greeted, given a few suggestions, placed my order, offered an up-sale, paid and sat down to wait for my bacon cheeseburger. My Callicrate Beef from Ranch Foods Direct burger was EXCEPTIONAL! I tried it without any katsup or mustard and am certainly glad I did. The meat was so flavorful that after finishing I would have went back for another had my belt not advised me otherwise. When in the Old Colorado City area or after shopping at the Uintah center on 19th stop on by for a wide selection of burgers, chicken, pork, fires and shakes. You won't be disappointed if you do.

• Visited December 2011
Woodland Park, Colorado
“Cute place, fun for families and children.”
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I like to visit Cy's because it's next to Rick's awesome greenhouse and the two together make a fun trip for my son and myself. This place is your standard retro drive-in burger joint, with hot, fresh food and pretty quick service. I do believe they serve Callicrate beef, which is all-natural, no hormones/antibiotics. Burgers are juicy. Fries and onion rings nice and crispy. Soft-serve ice cream. A West Side staple.