“A little disappointed”
Review of Sonterra Grill

Sonterra Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonterra Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Colorado and Tejon St
Description: Sonterra Innovative Southwest Grill elevates local cuisine in Colorado Springs by featuring local, seasonal ingredients with inspiration from the spirit of the American Southwest. As the seasons change, so do our menu items as we source local ingredients from Colorado-proud farmers & suppliers like Callicrate Beef Company, Mauro Brothers Farm, Arkansas Valley Organic Growers, Red Bird Farms & Colorado Tortilla Company. Our menu is always evolving to infuse bold new flavors and make our staples even better with the expertise and culinary creativity of Executive Chef Joshua W. Davis.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Great location and easy to walk to from downtown hotels. Interesting southwest menu with some surprises. Food is beautifully presented. I was part of a party of 5 and I'm glad we made reservations because the place was busier then I expected for a Wednesday night. I started with Smoked Duck Tacitos. Unfortunately, the shells were not crispy, but had been sitting long enough before served that they had gone a little mushy. The duck was good, but the smoke absolutely overwhelmed the other flavours. On table mate had a chicken dish that was also very bland. I had a chicken stuffed pepper that while tasty, was served cold. The only entree not complained about was the perfectly cooked steak served to one of my colleagues. I would try again and would hope for a night that wasn't as busy.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was not our first time at Sonterra. This is decent food! Tonight we had reservations and arrived early. We were seated with no problem immediately. I wondered why we were seated at the front, at a table when there were so many other good seats available. Wouldn't we get a better seat when we had reservations? It wasn't a problem until the restaurant started filling up. I saw the hostesses seating smaller parties at huge tables. Then, a very large party directly behind us in a very squished area. This was a stupid move on the hostesses part-the woman behind me kept bumping my chair while I was trying to enjoy the rest of my dinner. Ridiculous. The hostess or waitress had no apology for us. Our waitress (Emily) would have gotten a better tip by simply acknowledging what she saw and trying to fix it. Otherwise, her service was good.
Our dinner was delicious. This was the first time I had the Cantina Salad with chicken. It was delicious. This is basically a "taco salad" but with fresh and crispy ingredients. My husband had the special-cajun skirt steak. The side dish of sauteed kale was the best part of that dish.
My son had the Sea Bass tacos which were fresh and juicy. We shared a delicious chocolate chip fried ice cream for dessert. It was huge and way too much even for 3 people.
My favorite part of the meal was the strawberry jalepeno margaritas on the rocks. YUM. This with the warm chips and delicious salsa could be a small meal all alone!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Not sure what happened this night but we seemed to be a forgotten table. Our meal took 2 1/2 hours and no one had dessert. As soon as they finally picked up the bills we left, other table had came, had two drinks before dinner, dinner & cashed out before we even got food. No drink orders were taken for at least 15 minutes but then it took 30 minutes to get the drink! We ran out of salsa and it was never replaced. It was at least another 30 minutes after getting our drinks that our order was taken. Despite empty drinks no one asked if anyone wanted another until we had to ask for another round of drinks. Didn't get those drinks until after the food. Then we waited and waited for checks until someone finally asked. I eat at Salsa Brava a lot and the food was exactly what I expected. Enjoyed it but wish I would have enjoyed some of the fire roasted salsa :( Would try it again, just think it wasn't our night to be in there.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

From the moment we walked in to the restaurant, we were treated very well by friendly servers and hostesses. Our server was so nice and checked on us frequently but not too often. The food is alway done well; everything tastes fresh with the right amount of seasoning. My only complaint was the live music that made it difficult to converse.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We found this restaurant through TripAdvisor and Yelp, and we were not disappointed. They margaritas were great! Service was great and so was the chips and dip they put on the table. Both of our meals were spectacular and needless to say, I was pretty full after dining here. I had the chicken fajitas, which for some might be considered a safe choice, but it was the best I have ever had. Everything was so full of flavor!! Visit downtown and give this place a try!