“Food greasy, tasteless”
Review of Sonterra Grill

Sonterra Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonterra Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 1,486 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Colorado and Tejon St
Description: Sonterra Innovative Southwest Grill elevates local cuisine in Colorado Springs by featuring local, seasonal ingredients with inspiration from the spirit of the American Southwest. As the seasons change, so do our menu items as we source local ingredients from Colorado-proud farmers & suppliers like Callicrate Beef Company, Mauro Brothers Farm, Arkansas Valley Organic Growers, Red Bird Farms & Colorado Tortilla Company. Our menu is always evolving to infuse bold new flavors and make our staples even better with the expertise and culinary creativity of Executive Chef Joshua W. Davis.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

wow wow. what a disappointment. Food was greasy, luke warm and really not that tasty. What happened to this place?

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have lived in Colorado Springs since 2002 and am pretty open to trying all the options here, but this is one restaurant I had neglected to visit until last night...what a mistake that I hadn't tried this sooner, as I believe this will become another one of those downtown restaurants to add to my list as yummy!

We arrived at 6pm and though the restaurant was busy, we were immediately seated. When I inquired about whether we could make reservations, the hostess stated yes and that on the weekends, they prefer you do make reservations and said that by 7pm there is usually an hour and a half wait without one...

We had excellent service. I got the pineapple vodka martini, a must try at this place, since the pineapple marinates in the vodka for 3 weeks (a stoli doli). Very good, and $5 special on this drink on Fridays makes it even easier to drink more than one!

The food was also very good. Southwestern cuisine is not always my husband's first choice, but he was willing to check out this place. He had a steak/enchilada combo that came with a shrimp/lobster enchilada. He thoroughly enjoyed. The tortilla soup is tasty with a spicy kick. If you're not a fan of spice, probably skip it, but I loved it! I had the steak and avocado enchiladas and I ate the entire portion. We did not have room for dessert, but I would definitely go back for drinks and dessert someday as they had an excellent selection!

I so wish I had tried this place sooner, but we WILL go back and will be sure to take out of town guests here for a taste of the southwest. So excited for our new find!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am consistently satisfied after dining at this wonderful restaurant. Whether it is for a quick, solo lunch or an intimate dinner, Sonterra Grill is fantastic. The food is scrumptious. The service is fast and friendly and the atmosphere is peaceful. Don't miss this downtown treasure!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We've dined here several times, and if we've never been wowed, we've never been disappointed either. Moderate prices, friendly service, and decent food.

Go for happy hour - the prices are good and it is a pleasant environment.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Bland food, except for desert.

I had heard about Sonterra before my visit to the Springs and was excited to visit it with my fiance and friends. Indeed, I was disappointed on a business lunch when we went to a pizza place nearby.

However, my disappointment was saved when we dined at Sonterra. I ordered the Chicken Enchiladas and they were shockingly bland. Well cooked, but just bland as anything. Warmed cardboard tastes roughly the same. This was well cooked, and the service was quick and well but it just wanted some flavor. Next time, bring a pot of Chilli with you - you're going to need it.

On the plus side, an excellent desert was cooked beside our table, by a friendly and helpful waitress who deserves to work somewhere tastier.

The restaurant is also well located on Tejon Street in downtown, close to parking and to offices.