“Wonderful downtown spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sonterra Grill

Sonterra Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Sonterra Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,412 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Colorado and Tejon St
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
“Wonderful downtown spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Really good food. Love the warm salsa and chips. Service with a smile! The place inside is absolutely gorgeous. You just want to stay and keep drinking margaritas and enjoying the total experience.

Visited September 2012

WA
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I got a recommendation to try this restaurant and I am glad that I did. We went there on Friday night. It was a busy night, but we got a table right away. The chips and salsas were served as soon as we sat down. We really liked the chips and the black tomato salsa. The husband ordered tacos al carbon ; the beef and the chicken tacos were absolutely delicious. I had chicken adobada and sizzling apple crisp. The chicken adobada was out of this world. The rice was yummy, the chicken was really tender, and the sauce is the best sauce I had ever had - smooth and a bit of creamy texture with a bit of smoke bacon bite favor in the sauce. Well, I think my food was a small portion. It couldn't fill my stomach. Sizzling apple crisp is good, too. It was served with vanilla ice cream and it was a perfect combination which was not too sugary or too rich. Our server was really nice and friendly. The down side that it was too noisy from the bar and we couldn't have a normal talk, but shouted to each other. We will definitely keep going back as long as they keep serving good food.

• Visited October 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Live music, good food and smooth Tequila”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were in town for a conference and were looking for a little local flavor and came upon Sonterra. What a find! We sat at the bar and enjoyed the chips and salsa. They have a nice solid selection of Tequila, not a broad selection but good quality. The bartenders were attentive but not hovering. The food was savory and served with good presentation.

However, the highlight was John's guitar playing. So, great food, good service and live music, next time we're in Colorado Springs we'll return for sure.

• Visited November 2012
“Fresh chips and salsa”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Ate lunch here with a business colleague. Mexican-themed atmosphere and food. I always love (too much!) tortilla chips that are fresh from the fryer. I had a very nice chicken salad and my colleague loved the salmon. This is a regular stop when I visit Colorado Springs.

• Visited October 2012
Black Forest, Co.
“Great drinks and atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

In the heart of downtown, the grill really goes out of its way to keep the menu fresh. Got to wonder about the spoiled waiters....so I'd say the service varies...but the food and atmosphere places this among the top 10 in the Springs

Visited June 2012