“Great food, service and friendly employees!”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #74 of 1,447 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Half Restaurant. Half Store. All Country
“Great food, service and friendly employees!”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

The food was fabulous and my server was great! Loved shopping in the store and found fun candies to bring home!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Jane O

Austin, Texas
“Nothing Special...Poor Service”
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Despite some of the reviews I read we decided to give this restaurant a try. Well I should have listened to my fellow TA travelers/reviewers. We were seated promptly by a very pleasant hostess..only waited about 5 minutes. After being seated we waited some time just to order our drinks after which our waitress totally disappeared. When she finally returned we placed our orders at which time I inquired about bread/cornbread being included in the meal. She assured me that it was and asked if would like it served now (while waiting for our food). I told her that would be great. Apparently she forgot this conversation because we sat and sat and sat and sat. I tried to make eye contact to no avail as the kids were very hungry by now (we were having a late lunch). Mind you, they were busy so I didn't expect immediate service, but geez. My husband who is an extremely patient guy even commented that they should consider hiring more waitstaff to ensure better service. After waiting about 8 more minutes she finally brought a bread basked to our table. Our food arrived a few minutes later. Okay, about the food....So when we did receive our food it was a let down as well... My chicken fried chicken tasted and looked like a frozen patty that had been fried up. My son's country ham (very small portion) was cooked to the texture of leather. My husband said his sandwich was just okay....nothing to write home about. We left feeling like very unsatisfied.

• Visited July 2011
Colorado
“This place has really gone downhill”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

There was a time that I loved a good heart-attack-on-a- plate Cracker Barrel breakfast, but those days are no more; the place has really gone downhill. The gravy is like wallpaper paste and tastes of nothing but flour, the biscuits are gummy and stick to the roof of the mouth. Good country food? I think not.

I'll take quality over quanity any day, but unfortunately the Cracker Barrel seems more interested in serving up huge plates of inferior rubbish than providing good eats. No thanks.

• Visited April 2011
Denver, CO
“Just could not get anything right”
Reviewed July 30, 2010

After a long day we went to one of our favorite restaurants. Sadly, it was horrible. The waitress forgot 2 of 4 drinks, which she quickly got, but asked us 3 times in 5 minutes if we were ready to order when clearly we had not had enough time with kids, drink issues, etc.
Finally order but did not get the biscuits or corn bread. Had to ask server 2 times for this and finally I got up and walked toward the kitchen and had another server grab some for us. We asked for jam . . never got it.
Food finally arrived and my chicken BLT had neither bacon or cheese. They brought me the wrong sandwich but since we were in a hurry the manager simply comped the sandwich off the bill.
ON a happy note the chicken and dumplings, ordered by 2 of our party, was a massive hit as always!
We really like the Cracker Barrel and will go back, but this was honestly the worst service we had ever had. Everyone has a bad day, hopefully this was it!

“Waited forever for a table and then for...”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Waited forever for a table and then for food. Food was cold. Sent for a manager who never arrived.