“Love love love this place!”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #101 of 1,453 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is the place to go with your spouse on a date, for breakfast with your girlfriends or alone for peace. The service is ALWAYS incredible! The food is fantastic and the prices are great. I go here all the time and have NEVER had a bad experience!

There are newer reviews for Mimi's Cafe

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Food was ok, not great. There are much better locally owned (non chain) places to eat in CS. Go to Marigolds on Centennial.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We really liked Mimi's Cafe. The food was good and the service was good too. I guess the prices weren't crazy, or I WOULD have remembered that.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We visited 2 Mimi's locations during our Colorado Springs visit. We had dinner at the New Center Point location off N. Powers. My crepes were outstanding but my husband's pork dinner was mediocre. Others in our party ordered the Mediterranean Fettucini. They reported it excellent and plentiful. The women requested take home boxes for 1/2 their meal. Someone else ordered salmon. Unfortunately it was served seared on the outside and raw in the inside. With apologies a new dinner was prepared and we were not charged for the meal. Also I asked for my salad dressing on the side and liked it that way. The dressed salads served looked overdressed to me. Overall we'd rate the dinner experience as average.

We also had breakfast at the N. Academy Blvd location. It was very good. My husband's Mimi's Original Pain Perdu was fantastic! Very moist! It was hard to stop eating it. I ordered Cinnamon Brioche French Toast. It was dry and needed of lots of butter and syrup. My sister ordered Pork Sausage and Eggs with a Blueberry Muffin. The portions were generous. We took half the Pain Perdu, half the Brioche and the muffin home. Overall we'd rate the breakfast very good.

As the quality of items served varies, make sure to ask your server what's best to assure getting a good meal.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Mimi's used to be great.
Maybe it was in comparison to what we knew from the east coast that made this place stand out as wonderful when we first moved here, and perhaps we have acquired a higher standard since.. but it seems the quality & service have take a tragic down turn.
The service is lacking from the moment you walk in, until you leave.. it takes a while before you can get seated (and not due to a line or being busy), then the service lacks.. the quality of the food has gone down too.. the meals used to be more like home cooking, now they seem more like they are perhaps nuking microwave meals.
The bathrooms are another shame, they used to be beautiful, now they are not up-kept, messy, out of paper, etc..
Our choice now is Ruby Tuesdays over Mimis, and we never thought we would say that.