“Consistently excellent. Chance to see bears!”

Margarita At Pine Creek
Reserve with OpenTable
Margarita At Pine Creek is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 1,466 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Woodmen
Description: Since 1974 The Margarita at PineCreek has been serving fine food, spirits, good times and memories. Our focus has always been on serving great food in a comfortable setting. Our eclectic cooking style is innovative, yet recognizable and we use the freshest possible ingredients. Our staff (some here for 30 years) serves in a professional, unpretentious manor, creating a refreshing & relaxed atmosphere. The Margarita thrives on local customers while appealing to the many out of town visitors looking for a true local experience. We are an independent, local, community-driven restaurant. We host many local events and fundraisers as well as: the Colorado Farm and Art Market, a "Dinner and a Movie" series, special wine dinners & many culinary events to appeal to the varied tastes of our customers.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My favorite restaurant! Creative food. Caring service. Comfortable whether you're dressed up or in jeans. The ambiance is great: Almost every booth or table is in its own little niche or private space, and there’s local art (sometimes for sale) interspersed with the other decor. This locally-owned independent is also part of the farm-to-table movement and hosts a farmers’ market on summer Saturdays.
We usually go for lunch. There's house soup and salad (two soups, change daily), or your choice of about 4-5 other entrees, most of which come with either soup or salad. Yes, it's limited, but a good mix and consistently excellent. Even the house/green salad has a fun garnish (like pea shoots or some other seasonal flourish).
Dinner is also great, though we don’t get there as often as we’d like. Creative 3-5 course meals always leave me wanting to return soon. And the pulled-pork tacos served outside on farmers’ market days are addictive!
My only less than perfect experiences were the last times I tried the brunch and lounge menus. The food wasn't up to temperature, and didn't seem prepared to their usual standards.
Tip: Lunch and dinner menus both change at least weekly, so if you don’t see something you like the first time, just check back in a few days!

2  Thank GlyphGirl_CO

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went there for the first time today. The service was excellent, and the food was extremely fresh and tasty. They have nice artwork on the walls and classical music is playing overhead. Great local establishment.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

It's not a chain restaurant, is owned by a local, and has warm ambiance and great food. What could be better? There is a choice of a 3/course or 5/course dinner. 5/course includes appetizer, soup, salad, entree and dessert. 3/course includes entree, choice of soup or salad, and choice of appetizer or dessert. Since I don't do dessert, this was wonderful for me. The choices for appetizer, entree and dessert number 4 each, but still are varied enough that I had a problem choosing which one to order. There is a vegetarian option. Waitstaff is friendly and professional. Set up is intimate and personal, with tables and booths placed so that you are not hearing the conversations of others. Haven't been here for dinner in years, for no good reason, but will be back.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We were pleased to have our son and daughter-in-law join us for our anniversary dinner at Margarita. Our table was in an alcove that gave us a nice view of Pikes Peak, and the feeling of being in a special space. It was a pleasant and romantic setting.

For dinner we enjoyed the steak of the evening and salmon. Both were presented with style and color. Everyone loved their meals. I can see that Margarita's excellent food and intimate white dining room will always be a good choice for special occasion meals.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We came here for my daughter's 18th birthday, not knowing anything about the restaurant but having driven past the big neon carrots for years and decided to try it. There is a limited menu that changes frequently so your meal is always prepared with fresh ingredients. You also dine according to mix & match courses. The evening we were there everyone ordered something different and we sampled each other's selections. There was not a single item that wasn't a hit with our group. My steak was much more flavorful and tender than a comparable steak I'd had the previous week at The Famous, and the same could be said about the salmon my daughter had. Overall this is the best steak I have enjoyed in Colorado Springs, but it is pricey so will not be one of those monthly trips but I wish it could be. It is definitely a go-to place for future special occasions! Oh, and you don't have to dress fancy unless you'd like. There were as many people in jeans or business casual as those in suits and dresses. I believe outdoor seating is seasonal.