“Fantastic Service and the best Gyros in town, great value”
Review of Briar Mart

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Briar Mart
Ranked #853 of 1,432 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Greek
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fantastic Service and the best Gyros in town, great value”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We get food from here at least once a week. Shaun, the owner is courteous and the Gyros are the best I have ever eaten. The chicken is tender and very tasty, although the wait for that is 15 minutes, it is worth it as it is cooked from fresh... There fries are more like English Chips and to die for.... I would thoroughly recommend this place for a take out.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank jackiew9547

“Bewildered”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The three takeaways from this review are:
1. Briar Mart has good Mediterranean food for a reasonable price
2. Don't use groupons at Briar Mart
3. Don't let your wife or girlfriend be the one to talk to the owner if something is wrong with your order if you aren't ready for her to be screamed at by a large man

After multiple delicious trips to Briar Mart over a three year period , I was very much caught off guard by our experience today. We were using the second groupon we had bought and ordered two beef kabob plates. When they were ready, salad was served instead of rice. My wife told the man(I'm pretty sure he is the owner) at the cash register that we had ordered rice instead of salads. Out of nowhere, he starts screaming at her that she is wrong. I approached the situation and he starts pointing at my wife yelling about her and pointing his finger at her with the attitude one would expect more from a person yelling at a dog. He says she is always orders salad with her family (I'm her only family in the state and we always get rice). My only response is that we won't be coming back. He screams that we only spent two dollars(due to the groupon) so he is glad we aren't returning.

In hindsight, I am still completely bewildered as to the way we were treated in this store today. Maybe the owner was having a bad day/week/year and the incorrect order was the thing that broke the camels back. Maybe he confused my wife with another customer. Either way, I have never seen someone treated as rudely in a restaurant in my life as I experienced today at Briar Mart.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank P I
Portland, Maine
“Great Greek food in a Mini Store? Oh Yeah!”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Who would of thought.....a little Greek fast food inside of a mini store. Just happened to be driving by and what a treat! The Grubinator dined on the special and almost couldn't finish it.Excellent Greek cuisine at great prices and large portions to boot! Stop by.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Quality_Hunters
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food with fantastic service!”
Reviewed April 27, 2011

Briar Mart is a small market that serves some of the best Greek/Middle Eastern food in Colorado Springs. The service is great and everyone is so friendly! The gyros and sandwiches are absolutely delicious!

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank runjapan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and service”
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I've been going here for over 10 years and the food is always perfect. The staff is always friendly and the owners will remember you after only a few return visits. I haven't had to actually order my food for some time now, and to be known by name just makes it even better.

1 Thank Coloradomrg