“Gone down hill so quickly”

Silver Pond Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #705 of 1,558 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2012

We have been dining at the Silver Pond for several years and always had great food and great service. We have been hearing about it going downhill lately so 5 of us dined there last night. Would give the service a big ZERO ! The food only deserves a 5. What happened to this wonderful restaurant ????? We will NOT be returning.

1  Thank RaymondKC

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Sometimes I eat at Silver Pond, and it's great and the service is great. Sometimes I eat here and the food is not good and the service is bad. It's very odd.

1  Thank aja28
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This is really wonderful Chinese food! High quality and made to order, this will not disappoint! Very lovely owners!

2  Thank Lovetocruise7
Reviewed December 2, 2011

My wife and I went twice in the past month and both visits were disasters. The food was fair, but the service was terrible. On the first occasion, a full restaurant was at the mercy of one server and one trainee. We had very scant attention and the owner did not lift a finger to help. On the second occasion, we were the only customers in the whole place (!!) and yet we were totally ignored by the only server and the owner. I was served brown rice that was gummy and stone-cold (inedible). My wife had chow-mein that was like soup. We finally had to go and look for the owner in order to pay our bill and leave. We will never go back. The owner reflects a complete disrespect for her clientele.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

After reading about this place online and the newspaper.. I decided to give it a try. They live up to their name.. Great service and great food, they have this new young man working there..had me feeling like I was in a 5 star restaurant. He was very curtious, prompt.. And always made sure we were happy. The food was OUTSTANDING, best chinese food I've had in ages. Its up there with PF Changs, but an indepently owned one. My friends were amazed how clean and comfortable the ambience and atmosphere was. We had a great time... And our young waiter smiled the whole time.. Definitely will return, for the service and food. Oh try their Haiwaiian Chicken. To die for.

2  Thank SimplyAMASIAN