“My favorite Springs Mexican food restaurant”
Review of Salsa Brava

Salsa Brava
Ranked #138 of 1,448 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“My favorite Springs Mexican food restaurant”
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Salsa Brava never disappoints. Their chips are thin and fresh, and go great with the warm salsa. I got the Baja rolls for my entree, think fish tacos rolled up into a wrap with radishes, pico and guac. Perfection. Their nachos with steak are also a favorite. Great traditional margaritas on the rocks, but skip the strawberry jalapeño one, its syrupy and gross. Service and atmosphere are always great.

• Visited July 2014

Frederick, Colorado
“Great food at descent prices”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Stopped here during a recent trip to Colorado Springs. Glad we did. Acutally it was recommended by a colleague. Descent menue with mulitple options. They do have good size lunch menu and it is just enough food . Wait Staff Daven was great, very attentive and very personable. Had the Baja Tacos which were lightly battered and deep fried. Food was fresh and hot. There are two locations in Colorado Springs. I'll be back on another trip.

El Paso, Texas
“Leaves a lot to be desired.”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We went there due to the overwhelming positive reviews. We went for lunch and ordered 2 lunch enchilada (red) plates, one Baja taco plate, one lunch burrito (shredded beef) plate, and steak taco plate. The red enchilada sauce very salty, heavy handed on the cumin, and flavorless. The Spanish rice was bland, the beans were dry and flavorless. The steak tacos lacked flavor, honestly you're better off getting something from Taco Bell. The lunch burrito should have been called a bean and cheese burrito, since the shredded beef was skimpy at best. Finally the Baja taco, this dish had black beans, which taste like they are straight out of a can. The lime rice, is a poor attempt at Chipotles rice. The tacos were lack luster. We have had better at holes in the wall. Bottom line if you want Mexican food, avoid this place.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Glad I finally paid a visit to this neighborhood restaurant!”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I have lived in the Rockrimmon area for several years, but never paid a visit to Salsa Brava. The hubby and I decided to take the kids to check it out. We lived in Cali for 10 years so we were not sure this Mexican restaurant would be that good. We were wrong. The service was great. They greet you at the door and open it for you. My husband had a carnitas burrito which he enjoyed. The kids had chicken tenders from the kids menu. I had the tortilla soup and salad. All in all everyone was pleased with their meal. They open the door for you when you leave as well! Really nice touch..we will be back!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Confusing”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had read reviews in TA about the one in Briargate and was surprised to find this one in Rockrimmon which is much closer to my house. My brother and I decided to check this location out. It has a very nice outdoor space but we went inside. It was nice and comfy but very noisy. The wait staff were very friendly and service was very timely. I ordered a margarita and it came with chips and salsa. My brother ordered the pork carnitas and I ordered the chicken-stuffed poblano chile. The entire meal (both of ours) were very reminiscent of a meal we both ordered at another Mexican restaurant in town. I asked the waitress if this restaurant was related to the other and she said, "No". The salsa, margarita, carnitas, and poblano chile were nearly identical. The salsa is unusual because it does not have lots of chunky tomato nor cilantro (which I detest!). Because of that, I did like the salsa. I did not like the margarita at all. It tasted burnt (too much alcohol) and came without the sweetened lemon-lime mix that is usually in a margarita. The chicken-stuffed poblano was delicious but the accompanying black beans tasted like they were straight from a can and the Spanish rice was just plain white rice flavored with tomato. My brother's pork carnitas was very dry. While the over-all experience was nice, I will most likely return to the other Mexican restaurant that has nothing to do with the Salsa Brava brand because of the subtle differences.

• Visited June 2014