“Two flavors: Cilantro and Chili powder”
Review of Salsa Brava

Salsa Brava
Ranked #133 of 1,495 Restaurants in Colorado Springs
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really wish I could give this place a higher rating, but it's just not exciting, and my experiences have been mixed.
CONS:Almost all the dishes come with either a cilantro cream sauce or a chili powder-based red (Yuk). Chimis are bland. Used to get the club salad a lot, but the chicken is so dry, I found myself taking it home to pawn off on someone else every time, and it just wasn't worth the $$.
PROS: The roasted salsa is excellent. Also, If you can, call ahead and try to catch a dinner special with skirt steak and the "ranchero" sauce (which is not at all like the red enchilada sauce). Their skirt steak is actually the best I've ever had. It's marinated and cut on the bias, and not at all dry or chewy. Queso app has a good variety of cheeses, with chilis and tomatos, and is usually good (though seemed less flavorful the last time I was there).

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I cannot say enough great things about this restuarant, it is a casual mexican restaurant that offers amazing food for a great price. They cook with only fresh ingredients and offer a gluten free menu. We love it so much that we are going to have our wedding catered by them.

If you are looking for a more upscale mexican restaurant, I would recommend Salsa Brava's sister restaurant Sonterra Grill. It is also excellent and is located in downtown Colorado Springs.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Jen, our waitress, was very attentive and had great recommendations. The portobello mushroom fajitas were excellent and so was the lime soup. The skinny Margherita has flavor and enough alcohol. The deserts can be passed on.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Our favorite place for mexican food. You need to get there early on a Friday night or you will have a wait. Great chips and salsa, and great seafood enchiladas.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

As displaced Texans, we are always on the lookout for some good ol' TexMex. Many friends recommended this place to us, so we gave it a try. The food is very fresh, but definitely lacks any real Mexican flavor and spice. We also found it very pricey - $7.50 for a very TINY bowl of queso. (that's for a small bowl of melted cheese?). It's a nice restaurant with a nice atmosphere and fresh food, but if you're on the hunt for some real TexMex, keep searching.